EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
p.sherbet

Clevo P150SMA Prema mod overclocking help

Morning all,

First post :smug:.

I have a Clevo P150SMA, it's about 6 months old now.

Luckily I have some really nice temps at the moment:- CPU/GPU never seem to go above 60c. So I though let's overclock!

I have flashed prema mod BIOS and now have no idea what to do next to overclock. I'm used to overclocking on AMD desktop machines but not Intel/nVidia laptops :ambivalence:.

I normally dual boot linux/windows, linux is my main OS and windows I use for gaming so I would prefer BIOS overclock, although for GPU this is not that important. MSI Afterburner does not allow me to overclock.

So I far I believe the best thing to do is flash a vBIOS for the GPU to allow overclocking in afterburner (windows only but that is fine for GPU) and overclock the CPU in BIOS.

My question is how do I overclock the CPU in BIOS, is the above the best thing to do and any other advice. A guide to prema mod BIOS overclocking would be great but I can't find anything.

Thank you all.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By mstfa
      i want an unlocked bios.
      laptop: ASUS ROG G751JL
      GPU: GTX 965M with 2GB GDDR5
      stock bios rom: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OiB61aGlFyfDYpN5e61Fo31x7OdyQg5H/view?usp=sharingGM204.rom
      i want it to be able to overclock it even more for gaming.
    • By Klem
      In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo Y50-70, Lenovo Y70-70, Lenovo Z50-70, Lenovo Z70-70, Lenovo G50-70, Lenovo G70-70.
      If someone want upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, or unlocked vbios for overclock NVIDIA card, then you can post your request in this thread. Also, if you have a problem with fan pulsating/clicking on any modified bios then you can post your request in this thread.

The flashing procedure include two steps:
      1.  Flash main system bios.
      2.  Flash EC firmware.
    • By learnfromit
      alienware 15 r2 970m with i7-6700hq vbios request so i can overclock and mess with voltage.

BIOS version backup made with techpowerup GPU-z.

GM204.rom

or can someone re direct me to one already made that will work? all links i find are dead, thanks.

• By IAmSteveRogers
      I have been attempting to change my boost clocks values for the longest time, though I've been unsuccessful. I managed to flash my modded BIOS, though no changes seem to have had happened, along with no errors either. Here's all the stuff I used and was able to get. If someone is able to help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.
    • By shogun
      premamod.com
      biosmods.wordpress.com
      premamod.wordpress.com
      techinferno.com/index.php?/profile/259-prema/&do=content&type=downloads_file

Which one of the above is the official website dedicated to Prema BIOS mod and why they all seem dead? Including the last one - according to TechInferno, Prema's last visit here was on Dec 2, 2016. Is Prema long done with creating custom firmware?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.