GTX 880M+344.75 WHQL+Dragon Age Inquisition=Hard Shut Down!

LordGMLP

Need some expert help on this case please. It ruins a good game for me :(

My specs are in the sigs below. The 880M is running svl7's modded vBIOS but I just flashed and forgot and never modified anything. Installed latest drivers from nVidia (344.75 WHQL). Settings in DA:I are under automatic. Installed Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 also. Now I have this abominable HARD SHUT DOWN in DA:I at this particular cutscene during the game *SPOILER ALERT"

(the part where you wake up for the first time in The Threat Remains, you go in to see Cassandra, Leliana and the Chanchellor arguing)

. After the conversation there's a loading screen and boom, PC shuts down :(. Now I'm aware of the DirectX error but by some miracles I managed to get rid of the CTD error, but instead I got into something worse :(. I'm pretty sure my laptop isn't overheating or anything since there's a Cooler Master X3 running full speed underneath. Neither PSU was the culprit since I've been able to crank up to the max and played for hours some very demanding games without a single hiccup :(

I really really doubt it was the GPU. Very likely it was the faulty driver that nVidia released OR the game is just buggy as hell. Yesterday I rolled back the driver, then re-update via nVidia Experience and was able to play for 10 hours straight :D. Today just started the game from desktop and BOOM, shut down completely, not even a loading screen, not even intro! It's baffling :(.

• 3 weeks later...