Why no Madden on PC?

Dizzybird

I just made the decision to make the switch to PC gaming from consoles and I can't seem to find any recent versions of one of my favorite games, Madden. They have Fifa and NBA 2K but no American football. Why is this and are there any alternatives that I don't know about?

New here. I'm an old gamer from the 90s and had a lot of old games and no way to play them on new os like Win7,8,8.1. You are probably somewhat in the same boat. I took an older dual core HP desktop and after a lot of searching and tinkering, ( 3-4 months ) I set it up to run Win 98SE. Now I run old games like Jane's USAF, older MechWarrior 2,3,4, Nascar racing, etc. From what I see online now, Madden is made for everything except for a pc. If you could find a cheapo-free to a good home- computer that runs Win 98 thru Win XP, you could find all the old Madden pc games that people let go for cheap.

One thing to keep in mind is that these old Operating systems are wide open for all kind of online baddies like virus's, etc. I used my Win 8.1 laptop to hunt for drivers to old equipment, reset the compatibility in properties and put them on disks for loading on the old pc. some old games can be legally downloaded on sites online. Not sure about Madden it is still pretty recent but can be bought cheap online.

When the last few versions of Madden for PC were released, there was rampant pirating. We used to be able to get a hold of it pre release pretty easily. I think the NFL saw diminishing sales on the PC side and growing sales on the console side and made up their mind pretty easily. They could make it pretty secure now with Origin, but the NFL is pretty slow to react, so there probably won't be a change for a while, if ever. They probably also get cash straight from MS and Sony to keep it console only.

I feel your pain. I'd built my first HTPC specifically with Madden on my TV in mind a few months before they went Console only. Madden is the reason that I bought a PS3 and PS4. It's the only game I own for PS4. It basically cost me $450 to play Madden this year.

Madden has never been on my favorites list of video games, though I agree it is fun to mess around with sometimes.

PCs don't support EA games such as Madden due to licensing. EA likes to keep most titles exclusive to consoles.

But what do I know, only Madden game I own is Madden 06 for the Gamecube :62:

• 5 months later...

Yeah, it sucks that there are a lot of sports games that are available on the consoles only. I just hope that one day, other gaming companies (suck as 2k) can also have the rights to other sports games (really hoping they can do this for fight night).