Problems with Ultrabay GT750M

varjis

When I bought the machine the fan on ultrabay graphics card was working. Now the fan doesn't spin. Temp rises to 97-99c and then the graphics card lowers MHz. Has anybody had this problem? Should I try the custom BIOS?

Another problem is with webcam. Windows keep losing the device in Skype etc.

Don't think the vBIOS has anything to do with it. Try disassembling the Ultrabay and unplugging/replugging the fan header. If your fan is dead, you'll need a replacement. If you're still under warranty, send it in.

http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/3310-pictures-disassembled-y500-ultrabay-gpu.html

Don't think the vBIOS has anything to do with it. Try disassembling the Ultrabay and unplugging/replugging the fan header. If your fan is dead, you'll need a replacement. If you're still under warranty, send it in.

http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/3310-pictures-disassembled-y500-ultrabay-gpu.html

The machine still has warranty and it was being fixed with Lenovo once. But they didn't fix this issue. I think I have to send it in again.

Does it void warranty if I disassemle ultrabay GPU?

I'm pretty sure the fan used to work. But does the Ultrabay fan spin normally if you run the dust removal?

Does anybody know is the webcam issue known problem? When using Skype or Windows Camera program it keeps losing the webcam device?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...