OCZ Agility 3

unreal25

Hey,

I just ordered OCZ Agility 3 for a friend of mine (60GB): Newegg.com - OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-60G 2.5" 60GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

I'll have some time with it, so if you have any requests of any bench let me know.

--

See here for results: http://forum.techinferno.com/storage/888-ocz-agility-3-a-2.html#post10647

(Haven't figured out how to relink the images here.)

Edited by unreal25
  • Thumbs Up 1

He told me to make sure the disk is working. I'm delivering it to him in Europe. :) I was thinking of tossing it into my M17x and putting an image of my C drive, but I don't think it will fit on 60GB. :P:D I can install Linux (Mint) or something and report with some real-world tests.

• Founder

Yeah cloning is not a good idea, better with a clean installation (either Windows or Linux). The real-world performance tests are kinda hard to perform cause it's hard to measure time accurately, synthetics are a different story since some of them favor some SSDs and other synthetics other SSDs.... I bet you will end up doing everything :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Ill be posting a bench of my OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 240 gb I bought two so I can bench with and without raid enabled. They arrived yesterday! I just have to receive my system now.

My (well, my friends') SSD shipped yesterday too. I'll see if I can hook it up through the HD bay on the dock station. For some reason the regular hard drive I just put there occassionaly gives me BSOD during boot.

OCZ Agility 3: AS SSD Benchmark, Crystal Disk Mark (All 0 fill), with the disk in my dock station

post-115-14494988212974_thumb.png

and here's a comparison to my boot disk, Mushkin Callisto 60GB, with older SandForce1200, AS SSD benchmark:

post-115-14494988212644_thumb.jpg

Note: Agility 3 only reaches high sequential speeds on SATA 6Gb/s which I don't have on either of my computers.

EDIT: Updated the first post.

post-115-14494988212464_thumb.jpg

Edited by unreal25

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My employer bought about $100k of these last year for a SAN, at least 20% of them have already failed.

Wow thanks for sharing thats incredibly bad failure rate.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone comment on the reliability of this SSD?

I purchased one of these bad boys some time ago for my desktop, I remember it being quite the pretty penny for a 90GB back when I got it but it'd been blazing fast ever since I've got it. Just take care of it and don't cause it any unnecessary work and it'll last you.

• 4 weeks later...