Received my XPS 15z today!

Brian

• Founder

So far I like it a lot. The build quality is good, the display is very vibrant and bright, design is sexy and it is quite fast. Best of all it's light and has igp support with optimus. I'll post pics of it later.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm planning to ask to swap my old broken M11x for this machine. I'll be looking forward to anything you comment about this laptop (I'll probably then either sell it, or my M17x-R2; more likely XPS tho... I already tried to part with M17x already and I just couldn't do it :) ).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

Well so far my biggest complaint is the trackpad. It has no accidental touch protection like synaptics do and the scrolling speed is wayyyyy too fast. Other than that, the notebook kicks ass and its light as a feather. I get about 6 hours of battery life with it so it just makes it an all around nice machine. So far I don't regret sending back the AW but then again I do plan to buy the M18x again.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours is pretty sweet! I'm actually surprised they can't push more hours on AW M11x. Did you try installing synaptics or different touchpad drivers?

The weight is certainly great. Also, from what I saw online, GT525 should be able to handle some games too. The only question should I push for 15z or regular 15 with RGB LED.

I know! I don't know whats up with Dell.... they turned all of their laptops except alienwares into ugly... "things". Even Latitudes start to look "ugly fancy". I guess only Vostro looks decent. I liked the design on their old lineups way more. Old Latitude great, old XPS (the ones with lighting) great :) , Adama great, Studio nice.

15z looks a bit nicer on the pictures.

looking forward to any pics at all which display does it have RGB or IPS or what sounds like a portable sexy beast... I'm glad Brian you do plan to get another M18x perhaps R2... I am so pissed at the 1/3 of a year now my exchange has taken and is still not in my hands.