[Mod] Latest Nvidia Drivers CUDA NVCUVENC Encoder Support

J95

Since driver v340.43 CUDA NVCUVENC encoder has been deprecated, nevertheless most encoding software doesn't yet support NVENC API.

Like previous drivers, this mod includes both NVCUVENC and NVENC.

All AW models/cards supported (600/700/800 series). Different brands -> Include Card IDs <-

Ref. http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m17x-aw-17/3702-m17x-r3-gpu-upgrade-gtx-780m-31.html#post100570

nvamsi.inf_v344.24_NVCUVENC_Mod_All_AW_680M_780M_880M.zip

nvdmi.inf_v344.48_NVCUVENC_Mod_All_AW_680M_780M_880M.zip

nv_disp.inf_v344.48_NVCUVENC_MOD_Desktop_Cards.zip

nvdmi.inf_v344.60_NVCUVENC_Mod_All_AW_680M_780M_880M.zip

nv_disp.inf_v344.60_NVCUVENC_Mod_Desktop_Cards.zip

nvdmi.inf_v344.65_NVCUVENC_Mod_All_AW_680M_780M_880M.zip

nvcuvenc.dll_latest_v338.10.zip

nvdmi.inf_v344.75_NVCUVENC_Mod_All_AW_680M_780M_880M.zip

nvdmi.inf_v344.80_NVCUVENC_Mod_All_AW_680M_780M_880M.zip

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately for me the versions overtaking are out of order not. I used it a regsvr32 with that not...

Extract w/7-Zip both nvcuvenc64.dl & nvcuvenc32.dl -> rename "nvcuvenc64.dll & nvcuvenc32.dll" to "nvcuvenc.dll".

64-bit.

nvcuvenc.dll (nvcuvenc64.dll/2.65MB) -> copy to Default/System32.

cmd (Admin)
%windir%System32
egsvr32.exe %windir%System32
vcucenc.dll

nvcuvenc.dll (nvcuvenc32.dll/2.30MB) -> copy to SysWOW64

cmd (Admin)
%windir%SysWoW64
egsvr32.exe %windir%SysWoW64
vcuvenc.dll

-> reboot.

[nv_commonBase_addreg]
HKCR,"Wow6432NodeCLSID{B63E31D0-87B5-477F-B224-4A35B6BECED6}",,%REG_SZ%,"NVIDIA CUDA Video Encoder"
HKCR,"Wow6432NodeCLSID{B63E31D0-87B5-477F-B224-4A35B6BECED6}InProcServer32",,%REG_SZ%,"%10%SysWow64
vcuvenc.dll"

• 5 months later...

I am confused. I have a lot of software with NVCUVENC support only.

I now upgraded to a GTX970 (and have the latest WHQL drivers installed).

Can I use the NVCUVENC mod on GTX900-series or has the whole hardware been modified so that NVCUVENC is no longer supported in the hardware.

If so, what is my solution, other than downgrading my graphics card (not ideal), using sw-only encoding (uh-oh) or waiting for the software to be updated to nvenc?

Thanks for the tips!

• Thumbs Up 2

I am confused. I have a lot of software with NVCUVENC support only.

I now upgraded to a GTX970 (and have the latest WHQL drivers installed).

Can I use the NVCUVENC mod on GTX900-series or has the whole hardware been modified so that NVCUVENC is no longer supported in the hardware.

If so, what is my solution, other than downgrading my graphics card (not ideal), using sw-only encoding (uh-oh) or waiting for the software to be updated to nvenc?

Thanks for the tips!

Welcome to T|I @halcyon

CUDA nvcuvenc encoder will work fine w/ GTX 970, just follow the instructions above #3. Also try MediaCoder NVENC SDK 5.0.1 (support forum) & H264-encoder plugin (NVENC) for Adobe Media Encoder (CS6)

• Thumbs Up 2

• 5 months later...

I installed 344.11 for my Geforce 970 SSC using the instructions and then tried to follow #3. It gives me an error on both cmds says that it may not be compatible with version of windows check if it is x86 or x64. I have made sure they are the correct ones according to the instructions. x64 in System32. x86 in SysWoW64. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit:

I finally got it to work. Well worth the $5 I paid to be able to download it. Not too happy with NVidia putting a 2 stream limit on NVENC for all GeForce cards. I have a GeForce on a different computer with Windows 10 on it that also lost Legacy CUDA. Do I have any options for that?

• Thumbs Up 1

I installed 344.11 for my Geforce 970 SSC using the instructions and then tried to follow #3. It gives me an error on both cmds says that it may not be compatible with version of windows check if it is x86 or x64. I have made sure they are the correct ones according to the instructions. x64 in System32. x86 in SysWoW64. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit:

I finally got it to work. Well worth the $5 I paid to be able to download it. Not too happy with NVidia putting a 2 stream limit on NVENC for all GeForce cards. I have a GeForce on a different computer with Windows 10 on it that also lost Legacy CUDA. Do I have any options for that?

Just repeat #3, also try copying nvcuvenc.dll (32-bit/x86) into the program's directory (NERO).

Thanks, I will give it a shot when I have a bit of time to mess around with it. The original reason I needed this was for a Wowza server that hosts Live Feeds from Cameras that we host for Local Business and Lake Communities for free, so that is a bit more important to get working than my home computer trans-coding an occasional mkv to mp4 so it will play on my Roku without using my CPU (also not a huge deal because my home computer is a monster compared to the Wowza server, cheap boss).

• 1 month later...

Since driver v340.43 CUDA NVCUVENC encoder has been deprecated, nevertheless most encoding software doesn't yet support NVENC API.

Like previous drivers, this mod includes both NVCUVENC and NVENC.

All AW models/cards supported (600/700/800 series). Different brands -> Include Card IDs <-

Ref. http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m17x-aw-17/3702-m17x-r3-gpu-upgrade-gtx-780m-31.html#post100570

5 quality posts or T|I Elite Membership and get immediate download access.

I tried to make nvcuvenc available for GTX980, but faield. I installed 344.65 WHQL driver and changed the nvdmi.inf file, however, the nvcuvenc.dll didn't appear in system32 or somewhere else, I also removed all the "dlefile" option in *.inf files, but remained the same. I'd like to ask which inf file is really for nvcuvenc? best regards.