Just ordered my Sager NP8130 (Clevo P151HM)

HTWingNut

15.6" 1080p 95% color gamut screen

i7-2630QM

GTX 560m 1.5GB GDDR5

16GB DDR3 1333 (already owned)

256GB WD SiliconEdge Blue SSD (bought $200!!!)

Blu-Ray

Intel 6230 Wi-Fi N

$1269 shipped!

Be here by end of July! :D

Cool, this should give you a very nice performance for a 15.6 inch system, and Sager systems are upgradeable (at least I doubt that they did the same as Asus and soldered the 560m to the mobo, lol).

15.6 inch and 1080p is an excellent combination imo.

Edit: Btw... $200 for a 256GB SSD... that's less than $1/GB... what a bargain.

Well I got lucky on the SSD. It was a Newegg Deal of the Day, and lasted for all of three minutes before they got sold out. I popped on at 1pm on the nose, added to cart and checked out. After I had thoughts that I should have bought more, but by the time I went back to check out they were all sold out. You will now find a glutton of these on eBay now for $300-$350 though, lol, most likely everyone buying them from newegg.

PayPal got the money from my account for my eCheck but so far no word from XoticPC that they received the funds. Hopefully Monday. Usually they place your order though before the funds are cleared and just cancel if they don't get the funds in time, so with any luck will have it in less than two weeks.

System will be here Wednesday. However I also ordered an HP DV6z. Based on price alone I may keep the HP over the Sager. So far it's over $500 cheaper, and the AMD CPU and GPU seem to be crazy overclockers. The HP should be here probably middle of the following week, so I can do a side by side comparison. My biggest concern with the HP is the screen, but apparently it's a new LG screen that is pretty nice.

System will be here Wednesday. However I also ordered an HP DV6z. Based on price alone I may keep the HP over the Sager. So far it's over $500 cheaper, and the AMD CPU and GPU seem to be crazy overclockers. The HP should be here probably middle of the following week, so I can do a side by side comparison. My biggest concern with the HP is the screen, but apparently it's a new LG screen that is pretty nice.

Oh awesome tell us when it Gets here! I actually find myself not gaming much but doing 3d design for games and programming. So I might return this and go for the lenovo x1.

Out of curiosity what do you do with all these computers? :D

I like the specs of this Sager, especially the screen. Once you get it, could you comment on build quality, construction, etc. etc. ? :)

Thanks

Out of curiosity what do you do with all these computers? :D

I like the specs of this Sager, especially the screen. Once you get it, could you comment on build quality, construction, etc. etc. ? :)

Thanks

The 95% gamut screen is beautiful no other word for it. construction and build quality are very solid. And of course performance is amazing for a laptop of this size. The only thing that is iffy is the track pad. And the lack of a backlit keyboard is unfortunate.

I have been spending most of my time with the HP DV6z. I will be comparing the two. While the Sager is really nice, it's still about $500 more expensive and only gets about 2.5 hours battery compared with 6-7 with the 9-cell on the HP. The DV6z games reasonably well too. If you want to game a lot on your laptop, the Sager is a much better value, but for what I do 90% will be regular web surfing and desktop stuff, with other 10% gaming, so DV6z is looking promising for my needs.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry been away so long. Took a lot of time messing with the DV6z. Had to send it back due to overheating, but getting a replacement. NP8130 is going back, primarily because of battery life and cost considering 90% of what I do with a laptop these days is web surfing and basic office tasks and movie viewing, other 10% gaming.

Stock system with crossfire, 3DMark Vantage is about P6200. I will post screenshot later just on my netbook at the moment, and pics are on my desktop. I'll post in the HP forum later.