Modular upgrade advice..... Please :)

Ho7620

Hi All,

Firstly, thanks for looking :)

I have a bit of a quandary, i have an M18x R1 currently fitted with 580sli and a 2630qm. I am in the process of upgrading my system but just wondered if im doing this the right way.

End game should read along the lines of 780m sli and 2960xm but i will have to do this a component at a time.

Now, should i upgrade to a single 780m first, then sli and finally 2960xm ?

I play a few games, mainly Dayz SA and ARMA3 but not a 'hard core' gamer.

Any and all help/opinions greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dave.

change to a 2960xm doesn't give too much performance in games. 2960xm is better than 2630qm only about 15-20%, but is more expensive. At first buy 2x780m and make sli configuration. Finally if you can buy 2960xm

finerek,

Thanks very much for the reply, glad i did the right thing.... lol (more luck than judgement :))

Didn't realise there was 'only' 15-20% between my 2630 and the 2960, may have to see how the 780m sli upgrade goes to see if it (cpu upgrade) justifies the expense for relatively low gains.

Best regards,

Dave.

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on the game honestly. CPU bound games would obviously benefit from CPU's closer to desktop performance. If you want to play games at 1080p at least least 30FPS minimum, video cards are without a doubt the biggest priority when it comes to investment purposes.

• 7 months later...