lenovo y510p and gt 755m

Gillis

can you disable SLI when you are not in gaming?, or you must reboot your sistem everytime, remove the secong vga and reistall intel driver. i saw this problem earlier somewhere..

On my system, in the nVidia control panel application you can select Disable SLI which disables the 2nd card. You don't have to reboot, but you do have to have every application closed. However, it does not install the Intel driver.

I have been playing most of my newer games pretty comfortably with the same card, but if you're really into getting the crispest version of a game, It is definitely worth the upgrade, I've seen the differences lately and have been thinking about doing it myself.

Hello, I'm curious if anyone has some experience with pairing an existing gt 755m in my laptop with a 750m ultrabay card, since for love of god I can't find any 755m ultrabay unit on sale, would it work considering 755m is a few mhz overclocked 750m? So either I can undeclock the 755m or oc the 750m, would there be any driver issues?

It has been done before but the opposite. Someone on here had a 750m internal and paired it with a 755m ultrabay. The tricky part is he changed the ID of the ultrabay and installed the vbios of the 750m instead of the 755m vbios. To change the ID you must be decent or better at SMD soldering. I'll tag you in the post if you're interested.

I have 755M SLI and i can run GTA5 1080p textures very high others high, only have to lower population variety.

Project Cars : 50-70 fps 1080p settings high to very high

But at this point i would opt for another notebook rather than buy it. I found only 2 on Ebay each costs around 250$ and if you are from europe you will have to pay additional tax, also dont forget if you have 1 card notebook, it has different adapter and the more powerful one has to be bought so another money.

At this point if you want to boost performance for reasonable price go for SSD into m2 NGFF slot because that 5400 rpm is the weakest part of the entire sytem, ofc after the WLAN card

I'm running 755m SLI and I'm getting 40+ FPS on Watch Dogs at medium/high settings and nvidiaInspector tweaks. Only issue I'm running into is the heat. I'm not seeing temps going higher than 93c after a hour or two of gaming but I'd it to run in the 80s. I've been thinking about unlocking the BIOS and playing with those settings, has anyone had any luck with that?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Zuhair, I have 755M SLI as well and most games run well. The most demanding games that I have are Shadow of Mordor, Metro Last Light and Dragon Age Inquisition.

At Med/high settings (no Tessellation and AO) - all games push the main CPU and GPU to 80 degrees. Games run at 50-60 fps (Locked at 60 max)

My Ultrabay goes upto 98 now. The problem is that my current ambient temps are too high (27 - 35) and I don't have a air conditioning in the current setup location.

I tried modding the clocks but the temps still reached the peak, just slower.

I am going to mod the BIOS and VBIOS to change the voltage, i hope something changes. Did you do the mod? How were the results?

Also, what are your ambient temps, do you use a cooling pad?

I'm thoroughly Impressed, considering it is a 2 year old laptop that it's still able to play newer titles at good frame rates, only thing I've done is open it up to clean out the fans, and replaced TIM with Artic Silver 5.

I did had sli version ... but since no plans for games I sold it on ebay for 160 $ 755m version .... now with single gpu and intel 4600hd ....

Anybody know how to disable intel gpu ?

If you only have the single GT755M model, then you cannot disable the Intel GPU, UNLESS you apply the unlocked BIOS.

For what purpose would you like to disable the Intel GPU? It is only being used for tasks such as Browsing, watching movies etc., for gaming your main GPU will kick in.

I did had sli version ... but since no plans for games I sold it on ebay for 160 $ 755m version .... now with single gpu and intel 4600hd ....

Anybody know how to disable intel gpu ?

If you only have the single GT755M model, then you cannot disable the Intel GPU, UNLESS you apply the unlocked BIOS.

For what purpose would you like to disable the Intel GPU? It is only being used for tasks such as Browsing, watching movies etc., for gaming your main GPU will kick in.

You cannot Disable iGPU in Optimus Systems. There is no way.