Lenovo Y510P upgrades:

jch0068

Thus far I have a 1 TB/25gb ssd hybrid drive, a 256 gb ssd used as a boot drive and gaming, updated wireless card to 7260 AC....just waiting to dl the bios for it.... Duel 755m graphics cards. Is there anything else that I should upgrade? Oh and 16 gb of ram

I think that is all that can be improved . I have similar config, but wifi is KIller N1202... Main graphics card is soldered to the MOBO, so it can not be replaced , and VGA in SLI cd tray will not work with another . Well, of course you can replace the SSHD on the SSD , but it misses the logic :)

can anyone tell me where can i buy a sli graphics card for y510p in india(755gt)

Ebay perhaps? But dont rush and first make sure your laptop is SLI capable because some users reported that even though they have y510p , sli wont work as their mobos are not able to deliver enough power to second gpu. Also you will need 170W Power Adapter.

I had a friend who said that they used a dual sli and she said that it is significantly faster and the power drain isn't too bad. that said i agree on making sure the mobo is sli capable.

On battery power, CPU and GPU clocks are reduced. Only on AC power you can use max performance in this laptop.

I am pretty much running what you are running on your y510p. i just dont have the ssd on it yet. and have to switch card to 7260 ac havent had the chance yet. If you are still some how able to buy the extra gpu for ultra bay that would be the one upgrade i would think about getting. other than that you dont have much things to do. maybe just upgrade hdd and ssd for bigger store in the future and add more ram if necessary.