GTX 680m for M17x R4 (some questions)

Smyken

I have black screen with new GTX680. If I use also HD4000 then I see everyting. OS found new graphic card and I install last drivers but when I press atl+F7 to swich for GTX680 after restart all what I see is black screen. What should I do? Flash VBIOS or what?

lonerMAC, is the 680m still going to black screen with the new 240w power supply?

lonerMAC, is the 680m still going to black screen with the new 240w power supply?

Yes. With integrated HD4000 no, but after I switch integrated HD4000 off then I have black screen. Windows working good because I hear skype login sound but screen is black. I also can press FN+F7 to swich back, but I cant use it with two graphics because then I have grained screen. So I have grained screen when I using Integrated and Dedicated graphics and black screen when I using only Dedicated graphic card

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i just want to add my small 2 cent.. i had the king of overheating.. a master throttling 580M in my M17XR3 and went to a 680M and it was the best move i ever did.. flawlessly working since october 2014 .. i am in love with my 680M and never throttled once... what the "$%? was wrong with the 580M edition.. geeez

If I want to use GTX680M I must have 120Hz display on my laptop? Because I have 60Hz. That's why I have black screen if I use GTX680M only? (with disabled optimus and HD4000)

No you're not. My system run on stock 60 Hz on screen and also with the Optimus system disabled. Never had a problem on Display since I installed 680m for replacing my 6990m......

• 1 month later...