shit happens :( MSI GT70-0nc doesn't boot after 780M vbios flashing

jegarfor

Hi

I wanted to try the kepler unlocked bios for the 780M that we can find in this forum.

I used nvflash -b to backup my rom, after nvfash -6 to flash the unlocked rom. All was correct but when I reboot the laptop it keeps in the first splash bios screen. press F11 to boot menu, press del to go into bios.....

I need help soon, don't know what to do and I don't know how this happened and why I can't go into a boot dos usb at least to flash again the vga card with the stock rom.

:miserable::miserable::miserable: as I said shit happens.

Hi

I have seen that the 780M oc vbios from techinferno doesn't have the same size of my backup rom. I don't know why a "compatible" bios with Clevo, MSI, Dell has 150kb aprox and my backup rom 93kb.

There is the failure, is it really a 780M bios? Now I supose I have to pay for a new bios chip and pay to change it....... :26_002:

need help soon, don't know what to do and I don't know how this happened and why I can't go into a boot dos usb at least to flash again the vga card with the stock rom.

U need to update your bios. or look for an unlock bios for your gt70.. look in msi thread (thread here) there's a solution for gt70 with 770m that works with 780m cards

which solution? the only solution that I have read is to buy and change the vbios chip unsoldering the chip and soldering the new one...... Unfortunately I have to pay for it because I don't have equipment and I don't know how to do it. the good thing is that I have found one to do it and I think it won't be very expensive at least :(

Can you enter the Bios yet ?

with the old Bios will the GTX780M with OC vBIOS not boot in UEFI Mode, you must change it to Legacy Mode. When you don´t can enter the Bios make a Hardreset by removing the bios battery. If that does not work, you develop the graphic card and boot up with the HD4000. Then you missed your motherboard first the following bios, then the GTX780M should run smoothly in old GT70 0NC.

1762 51x.zip

But my laptod is a windows 7 manufactured, will I crash my laptop bios if I update it with a windows 8 bios like the 51x?

Can you enter the Bios yet ?

with the old Bios will the GTX780M with OC vBIOS not boot in UEFI Mode, you must change it to Legacy Mode. When you don´t can enter the Bios make a Hardreset by removing the bios battery. If that does not work, you develop the graphic card and boot up with the HD4000. Then you missed your motherboard first the following bios, then the GTX780M should run smoothly in old GT70 0NC.

I flashed with the 30P bios because it was compatible with the 780M. It worked until I flashed the vbios with the techinferno 780 OC vbios.

Then I cannot enter the bios and the computer freezes. I don't have access to the boot or the bios. It only boots if I pick up the 780M out of the laptop.

- - - Updated - - -

and the ECM must be flashed to the 51X version too? In this rar the ECM is version T24 (not 51X). I don't know if it is for backlight keyboard computers.....

the T24 EC Firmware is for Backlight Keyboard Devices. The files come directly from the MSI Server. The bios including EC were released for 100% compatibility of GTX7 ** M cards. I myself have already operated a GTX780M (original MSI) in a GT60 0NC with 51x bios.

The bios including EC were released for 100% compatibility of GTX7 ** M cards. I myself have already operated a GTX780M (original MSI) in a GT60 0NC with 51x bios.

Can you lend me that 780m? I'll check if it works with my GT60 with 51x bios update :Banane42:

thanks a lot . The 51x in legacy raid mode worked and let me boot to make changes with the 780M pci enabled. The custom bios of techpowerup for the 780M is NOT COMPATIBLE with MSI. Not recognized with nvidia drivers. But because I reflashed my 780 rom backup all was back to normal. I think I will try vbios editors to make small changes to the vbios and not custom roms.

It is suposed to be an MSI card. It cames with the 93kb rom that was in TechPowerUp vbios database.

I know it because I did the vbios backup and it was 93kb, the same as the msi one in techpowerup.

then, if I want to modify voltage, clocks, etc, must I use one editor like the one in techinferno or the one from svet? Because I have seen that the custom is not recognized by nvidia drivers.

Have you got an original MSI card? For only works perfectly with the MSI GT70. All other cards require a customized VBIOS and modified drivers.

These things indicate an MSI card.

- The vBIOS Version was 80.04.97.00.04

- the Card was green

- under the DIE was die MSI identifier MS-1W0C1 (for GTX780M) (not all MSI Cards has an identifier, so like my GTX770M... this Card came from a GT70 2OC)

- no SLI Connector on the Card

- no X-Bracket behind the Card

This is a original MSI GTX780M:

post-15583-14494998693493_thumb.jpg

After the flashing with the x51 I have some problems. Boot, Windows 8.1 in the raid system and all seems to work fine BUT....

I did a test with Batman Arkham City and with the same configuration as before I had all the problems I got 30-40fps less than with the .30P bios. Also I tried to flash again the .30P bios to test and in dos mode the program doesn't let me downgrade the bios version.

Is this some kind of problem? Must I reinstall windows 8.1 because the .51x bios and the legacy option change some configuration and make the system go less powerful?

I think that the power boost/hybrid boost is not working now. any idea? Now I am not with the laptop. I will check if the battery is not fit in place but if it could be something else please tell me.

As I said the games don't play as fast as before.....

This is my card

http://www.cityofdreamsweb.com/670M/IMAG0014.jpg

These things indicate an MSI card.

- The vBIOS Version was 80.04.97.00.04

- the Card was green

- under the DIE was die MSI identifier MS-1W0C1 (for GTX780M) (not all MSI Cards has an identifier, so like my GTX770M... this Card came from a GT70 2OC)

- no SLI Connector on the Card

- no X-Bracket behind the Card

fter the flashing with the x51 I have some problems. Boot, Windows 8.1 in the raid system and all seems to work fine BUT....

I did a test with Batman Arkham City and with the same configuration as before I had all the problems I got 30-40fps less than with the .30P bios. Also I tried to flash again the .30P bios to test and in dos mode the program doesn't let me downgrade the bios version.

Is this some kind of problem? Must I reinstall windows 8.1 because the .51x bios and the legacy option change some configuration and make the system go less powerful?

I think that the power boost/hybrid boost is not working now. any idea? Now I am not with the laptop. I will check if the battery is not fit in place but if it could be something else please tell me.

As I said the games don't play as fast as before.....

is this throttling issue related as with the T16/T17 fix with 16f3/1762 nb's? You did flash to T18 also right ya?

So far, the 51x Bios including T18 (GT60) has or T24 (GT70) EC made no firmware problems. Please check the bios settings. Windows 8.1 you should also reinstall, but in UEFI mode. With the original MSI VBIOS there are no problems with UEFI. The OC VBIOS can in some motherboard revisions freezes @ post screen when UEFI is enabled.

I flashed my backup stock vbios to the 780M. I don't want to have problems again. If I try to make a little overclock to the 780M I think it is safer to do it editing the stock rom with little changes with the Svet's editor or the Techinferno editor. Is it safer to upload the stock vbios with little changes? I supose it is

If you say the T24 is the last ECM firmware I think the best to do is reinstall Windows 8.1 in uefi mode as you said. Because now if I select UEFI mode in the bios the system doesn't boot to the win 8.1 raid, it returns to the bios after a reset.

And about the impossibility of flashing again the laptop bios, is this blocked by the .51X? it was strange to me because I couldn't do a downgrade to the .30P bios that worked perfect with the stock 780M vbios and the windows 7 ECM firmware.

cheers.

Jesús

After reinstalling windows 8.1 in uefi mode no luck.turbo does not activate. Is problem of the scm software? Which version must I install?

So far, the 51x Bios including T18 (GT60) has or T24 (GT70) EC made no firmware problems. Please check the bios settings. Windows 8.1 you should also reinstall, but in UEFI mode. With the original MSI VBIOS there are no problems with UEFI. The OC VBIOS can in some motherboard revisions freezes @ post screen when UEFI is enabled.

I installed the upper scm in the gt70-0nc support webpage.

http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/scm_10.013.06287.zip

But,why my 780m runs like a 670m-660m? I have lost a lot of Power. No battery boost? It is not problem of temperatures or frequencies. I have checked them to see that the 780M is near 850mhz or more and temp less than 65º. Cpu has good temperatures too.

With the .30P bios, stock vbios and the 780M I got 111 max fps and 70 media in batman arkham city all ultra, physx high and only fsaa high (not a more stress filter).

now my 780M works like a 670M with the .51X bios, or is it not that? I don't know what to do to make the vga card work as normally did.

@jegarfor Try this: http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/scm_w8_13.014.06109.zip this is from the GT70 2OD. And this is for your GT70 0NC: http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/SCM_w8_10_013_03016.zip. Normaly must the SCM for the GT70 2OD also work with the 0NC.

you are the first one, that have problems with the 51x Bios. Unfortunately I do not know why your GTX780M is now so slow. Which vBIOS do you have now on your Card ?

@omega939 Please do not spam the thread with something to this because it has no place here now. Thank you