shit happens :( MSI GT70-0nc doesn't boot after 780M vbios flashing

jegarfor

Hi

After some tests I have this facts.

I tried SCM for gt70-0nc from your link (not the gt70 2od) and it is the same. You said the turbo doesn't work. I push the button, I see the turbo icon in the screen but after 5 seconds it disconnects and I can see the turned off icon too.

I wanted to see if it is a batman arkham city related problem and......perhaps it is, but I am sure the card worked a lot better with the .30P bios and win 7 ecm (with windows 8.1 installed). I installed 3dmark 11 demo from steam, enough to make some tests. the system is between 7085 points and 6800-6900, then perhaps it is not working underperformance.

But as I said I remember my batman arkham city with all ultra, gpu physx high and only FSAA high (not MSAA or harder filters), vsync off, with 60-70 media fps and 111 high. Now it can't go up 60-65 high, around 40 med and 10-20 fps low.

Perhaps it is gpu physx that doesn't work as good as with the .30p bios because if I disconnect physx returns to 70 fps and 100 high fps

@jegarfor Try this: http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/scm_w8_13.014.06109.zip this is from the GT70 2OD. And this is for your GT70 0NC: http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/SCM_w8_10_013_03016.zip. Normaly must the SCM for the GT70 2OD also work with the 0NC.

you are the first one, that have problems with the 51x Bios. Unfortunately I do not know why your GTX780M is now so slow. Which vBIOS do you have now on your Card ?

@omega939 Please do not spam the thread with something to this because it has no place here now. Thank you

No, give me the links and I will try with throttlestop.

But as I said before with the .30p worked a lot better.

When I installed a GTX780M in a GT60 0NC few months ago, the Turbo button did not work. this is normal.

As for the performance, you've already tested with ThrottleStop and disabled "BD PROCHOT" option ?

I need also throttlestop in some games. I have an i7-2670QM, 8GB DDR3-1600 and a GTX770M with OC vBIOS. Without OC vBIOS i don´t need Throttlestop. I think that the System need to many power, because i have a MS-16F2 Motherboard (in a GT70 Chassie :Banane27: ) without Optimus and MSI NOS (Battery use under load). Next week i get a MS-16F3 motherboard, than i can use MSI NOS.

Is your battery installed ? Because that is urgently needed in the GT70 / GT60.

Yes, I have the battery installed but the battery didn't fix my fps loss. Throttlestop fixed it.

But as I said with the .30P bios the throttlestop was not necessary. The EC Firmware? or the SCM? turbo mode worked and my fps in batman arkham city were high. After the .51X flashing the fps felt down.

As you read first I thought it was my windows 8.1 installation, after the reinstall in uefi mode I was having the same problems. Doing a lot of tests to find the problem. Checking the physx settings, reinstalling etc. The fps were near 37-40 but not stable with highest 60 fps and fallings to very low 10-15fps. It was not working like before the bios flashing.

After disabling BD-prochot I recovered all the fps in batman arkham city ultra settings, all dx11 active high and dx11 tress, physx high and FSAA high filter. It was the cpu that was not working with the .51X bios like it was working with the .30P

Some overclocking with MSI Afterburner to 850mhz without touching voltage and throttlestop bd-prochot off 3dmark11 7665 points with the 3610QM. :Banane06:

I have read that the .51X is not fully compatible with the MS-1672 motherboard, which motherboard is this bios prepared for?. It is a shame that the bd-prochot was not selected in the .30P bios and selected in the .51X. Then it is always necessary to run throttlestop to disable it.

I did it in dos mode. I don't remember the error. it said something like that the he couldn't check the current bios or it was not compatible. I had the .51X and wanted to try with the .30P again.

I will try to remember what I did. First I wrote (with the afudos included in the 30p zip) afudos E1762IMS.30P /p /b /n /k and it said he couldn't detect any compatible system. With the same afudos that I uploaded the .51X and using AFUDOS.exe E1762IMS.30P /p /b /n /k /r it started but after a bios reading it said it couldn't write the bios because it was not compatible or it cannot check something or something similar.

Svet in msi forum told me 5 min ago is not possible to go back to the .3XX bios if I have flashed with the .51X. Then that's it.

Now with the .51X the system doesn't have problems except the turbo mode off that I have to unlock with the throttlestop (bd-prochot off).

Post here photo or screenshot where you get error, when you again flash bios 30P.