GeForce 344.60 Game Ready

J95

The new GeForce Game Ready driver, release 344.60 WHQL, includes improvements that allow GeForce owners to continue to have the ultimate gaming platform. In addition, this Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

Application Profiles

Thanks for the thread. Are you working on an INF mod? Someone asked and I figured you are doing such a wonderful job of it that I would just have folks use your INF mod. I only modded it for my R2.

This driver works great for me in COD:AW. Happy with the driver, and the single-player campaign is amazing.

OK, YouTube FINALLY finished processing the first video. Below are two videos for your viewing pleasure. The first really long video is with 344.48 WHQL and the shorter video comparing SMAA Tx2 with FXAA is the new 344.60 driver.

Alienware M18xR2 - "Extra" graphics quality settings, SMAA Tx2, 2560x1440 resolution, no GPU overclock. Awesome game... I always enjoy COD single player campaign, and this newest one has them all beat. The opinions of COD haters and trolls don't count here.

I thought it would be good to explore the impact on framerate running SMAA Tx2 versus FXAA at 1440p and 1080p. In this video I use the same game map, same checkpoint, a total four times to get a fair comparison of 1440p and 1080p with AA settings both ways. All of the other graphics settings are shown at the start of each clip.

So, crank up the YouTube resolution to the max, go full screen and keep your eyes on the framerate in the upper left corner.

As I see it, SMAA Tx2 doesn't appear to add anything amazing in terms of visual quality. Some say it doesn't work with SLI. Maybe not, but it certainly seems to do something here with SLI enabled. It definitely affects framerate, so maybe they "fixed" that.

My eyes cannot detect a remarkable difference in quality between these two anti-aliasing options. If your eyes tell you that one looks better than the other, go with whatever floats your boat. For the record, my eyes tell me SMAA Tx2 is just a tiny bit better, but not enough better for the moderate hit on framerate to be viewed as an acceptable trade-off. Overall, I think FXAA is the better way to fly.

To skip the opening video, jump forward to about 1:50 to dive right into the comparison.

[MENTION=119]Mr. Fox[/MENTION] good stuff. Win10 +FPS but it crashes every 10 minutes, win8.1 & 7 works fine. Just keeping it below 4GB vRAM, testing both FXAA & SMAA Tx2 and cinematic Tx2 BS...

Since v344.48 im having these issues described here https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/784979/geforce-drivers/344-48-whql-confirmed-issue/ mine is the laptop's primary screen (LG).

NVCUVENC mod. Try using nv_dispi (overwrite) together with your modded nvdmi.inf and NVCUVENC DLLs, so then it's only a mater of renaming "nv_dispi" to "nv_disp" for all desktop and mobile cards, if it doesn't work I'll mod nvdmi.inf.

@J95 - does not install with file name nv_disp, must have "i" in file name for installer to not give error. Leaving "i" in file name driver setup fails to continue installation as well. I manually add the M18xR2 780M hardware ID to the nv_dispi and string to name 780M based on hardware ID and the installer run file, but CUDA still not available in Nero Video as a decoder/transencoder option. This is using the NVCUVENC DLLs available for download from your signature link.

post-119-1449499868818_thumb.jpg

@J95 - does not install with file name nv_disp, must have "i" in file name for installer to not give error. Leaving "i" in file name driver setup fails to continue installation as well. I manually add the M18xR2 780M hardware ID to the nv_dispi and string to name 780M based on hardware ID and the installer run file, but CUDA still not available in Nero Video as a decoder/transencoder option. This is using the NVCUVENC DLLs available for download from your signature link.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13079[/ATTACH]

Not renaming, I'll do that for desktop cards. Still, nv_dispi.inf doesn't work anyway.

Thanks for testing it out.

GeForce 344.60 WHQL

Here you go nvdmi.inf_v344.60_NVCUVENC_Mod_All_AW_680M_780M_880M.zip

@J95 - That works now. I am attaching the nv_dispi file that I had to mod with the 780M HW ID to get it to install so you can see what I tweaked. Use Edit > Find "119F" and you will see those lines. I borrowed desktop 780 code. :D

I will have to get you to show me what you changed in the NVDMI.INF to make it work. Thank you!

No more error message... nice!

post-119-14494998688885_thumb.jpg

nv_dispi.zip

Still not as good as AMD at GPUGPU/OCL, but much better CompuBench results with CUDA working correctly. Without this tweak CompuBench wants to use CPU for OCL on my M18xR2. Amazing improvement.

post-119-14494998690991_thumb.jpg

post-119-14494998689583_thumb.jpg

post-119-14494998690264_thumb.jpg

On another note, relating to the COD:AW driver... what's not to like about 80+ FPS?

I had not played this title online before, so I fired up the MP and jumped right in to play my first-ever 10 minutes and recorded about 5 of them. So far, I can see no issues. Works fine for me.

FRAPS Benchmark:

2014-11-06 20 : 24 : 41 - s1_mp64_ship

Frames: 76687 - Time: 914291ms - Avg: 83.876 - Min: 37 - Max: 93

[MENTION=119]Mr. Fox[/MENTION] Great results! CompuBench...:bananapowerslide: Open nvdmi.inf CTRL+F "nvcuvenc" NEXT, and see what I've done.

Default. Delete parameters only.

[nv_system32_delfiles]
nvcuvenc.dll,,,0x00000001
nvencodemft.dll,,,0x00000001
nvinfo.pb,,,1

[nv_system64_delfiles]
nvcuvenc.dll,,,0x00000001
nvencodemft.dll,,,0x00000001