install MacOSX

emreh

Hi :smug:

My English is poor and I am sorry to here from you. :38_002:

Want to ask a question about installing Mac OS X on my Lenovo y510p laptop.

How can I put the laptop on Linux and Windows and Mac as well as our installation work with them. :smug:

Thank you

I have Mac os 10.9 installed on my y510p with the modified mach kernel that allows it to boot. At this point im stuck however since I cant seem to find a kext for the gt 755m even though i see a mac book that has the same gpu, thats really the only thing im stuck at since im planning on replacing my wireless card with a AC version anyways so i would probably just get a mac os compatible card that supports AC. I also dont think my ethernet port would be supported on OS X either. Other then that wireless and graphics is the only thing that keeps me off it right now.

Well regarding 755m driver, dont even bother because it wont work as y510p have optimus and MAC OS X dont support it. They have their own implementation similar to optimus but its not same its called Iris. So you will need to remove ultrabay card. So far only integrated intel graphics works a bit. They use 755m in original macbooks but its their own MAC version and it wont work on ours unless you somehow make it detect as mac version. SLI wont work at all.

When i did use the intel hd 4600 it would still have the same graphical glitches that it would normally. I tried enabling the intel hd in the bios while i had my ultrabay card in but it still uses my onboard 755m as the display output unfortunately. So, theres no way to just use the onboard 755m without the ultrabay gpu or the intel hd?

Edit: I should be more clear. I want to either use the intel hd with my ultrabay card still inside the slot, or I want to use the 755m and i dont really care about the ultrabay card, however I dont want to have to take it out.

There are some ways however to disable or better say blacklist graphic card you dont want to mess with OS X and thats via DSDT or/and SSDT. I dont intend to write how to do it as I havent done it but last time I checked I saw tutorial how to disable Nvidia Optimus in OS X on InsanelyMac forum just type in to google DISABLE Nvidia Optimus os x. You may have to find your own strings for particular GPU card or whatever you want to blacklist in order to make it work for that Ultrabay GPU but its not guaranteed to work. I personally gave up with hackintosh until I get ultrabay caddy and second hdd and I also wait for real macbook pro to make hackintoshing a bit easier. But with this particular laptop, I think its not worth an efford, but if you lets say want to do it for educational purposes then go ahead. But to use it on daily basis I think you better buy real mac.

• 2 weeks later...