Lenovo y410p: Upgrade from 1366 x 768 to WXGA++ (1600x900) screen

Oxyopia

Has anyone had any luck upgrading their y410p screen from 1366x768 to 1600x900? If so, was this done with the stock BIOS? Or did you go through the process of unlocking the BIOS?

I ask because I bought a new screen and installed it on my stock y410p. The computer can start up and boot into windows fine, but the picture is all messed up. The color is all blue and I am only able to view about half of the picture. Windows recognizes that the screen is 1600x900, however it appears that the BIOS is unable to correctly make use of the new hardware.

I am curious to know if I am heading down a dead end with upgrading my screen even with the unlocked BIOS or if there is a legitimate possibility of making this work a BIOS mod.

Thanks!