780m SLI and games of 2015

Paolo11

Yes. Absolutely. I can run most modern games with my two SLI'd GTX 660s at medium-high to high settings, and sometimes even high-ultra. An SLI'd 780 - even a 780M - should be able to go the extra mile my desktop cards can't.

Though that said, a full 60 FPS on, say, GTA V given their history of terrible optimization?... maybe not.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nvidia usually comes out with new performance boosting gpu drivers after new releases of games. I'd expect your card to be powerful in comparison for quite some time; just keep an eye out for driver updates. I like to update to the betas.

• 4 weeks later...

Haha; having just upgraded to a 780m, I can only hope that it continues to hold it's own; as Jimma mentioned, the very latest round of driver updates seems to have produced performance gains so I'm optimistic.

I think so. TW3 should be the most demanding of all those titles and a beta tester posted at another forum running an overclocked R9 290 @ 1440P. He said the game ran 40fps+ with mostly high settings. The game is nVIDIA optimized so it makes no sense for it not to run better. GTA IV is also nVIDIA optimized I believe, but don't quote me on that. Although nVIDIA did leak the game a long time ago :P.

• 1 year later...