EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Rhadamanthis

I propose to test the gtx 970m on notebook MSI GT780

I'm still researching what I need to make the changes but I'll keep you posted if/when I get everything I need.

You can buy the GTX970M here: Laptop Video Cards :: nVidia GTX 970M 6GB Video Card for Clevo Laptops - R&J Technology, Clevo Barebone Notebook kits, Laptop and desktop system builder

Than you need the Kepler Heatsink to modified, look here: The Official MSI GT60/70 970m/980m Upgrade Thread. The GTX460M/560M Heatsink will be also work, with some more modification. The Fermi Heatsink will not work, because the DIE Size is different.

The Card works perfect in the GT780. Here is the evidence from a guy in the german MSI Forum: GTX 970M läuft im MS-1761 - Notebooks und Barebone Systeme - MSI Forum the MS-1761 = MSI GT780.

• Thumbs Up 1

That is good news. The MSI sandybridge laptops didn't have alot of gpu compatibility, due to no implementation of optimus. This, along with the 7970m with old dell bios & clevo 770m, are the only gpu's after the sandybridge era to work on these laptops. Hopefully the clevo 980m would work too.

the MSI GTX770M works also in HM67 based motherboards like the MS-16F2 and MS-1761, this i have tested. The Card must come from a GT70/GT60 2OC or from a Medion Erazer X7825. Than works the Card perfect without any driver modification.

you don't need to propose. Take a look on this thread

http://forum.techinferno.com/msi/8481-msi-gt60-16f3-970m-upgrade-success.html

You need to buy one for yourself and upgrade your notebook. That's all

The GT60/GT70 and newer laptops were significantly more compatible with mxm cards than the MSI sandybridge laptops (i.e. GT780). Typically has to do with optimus and the vbios of the mxm card.