M17x R4 7970m Windows 8.1 problem.. only IGPU works?!

Hello,

i need Help to get my 7970m work on Windows 8.1 it seems like only the IGPU is working, FN+F7 isnt working too :(.

Which driver should i use? Most drivers from the Dell site ends with the massage: Application Install: install package failure!

Thank you for your Help

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes old post, but in case others come searching to a resolution, did you try a third party driver called DDU?   It will wipe both the Intel and AMD and give you a fresh system to install the drivers.  

Now I only know of two paths to install but I am sure people here have many more.  Install the dell based drivers and then install intel from their website and then the current AMD, or a 3rd party (since don't know what the rules regarding naming 3rd party websites, I can say just it involves "cat" in the name, pm if it is allowed, I can show you where to go, but be aware that I don't think they are keeping the drivers up to date anymore as they ended with 15.11 beta).

If I get my system working again, I am going the first route as I think the 3rd party drivers caused my eventually failure of the OS (I am dreading the reinstall).