Going to test clevo 980m in alienware m17x R4, m18x R2, AW17

godfafa

i've got the same result in Firestrike that you did. i am running sli with slv7 hex edited bios. no random visible throttling whatsover on any driver, but seems i am running into some fps cap in 3dmark11, as it never goes higher than 120.5fps and my gpu util gets 70-80 when it hits that wall.

Set the 3DMark11 display scaling mode to stretched rather then centered, for some reason centered scaling has a fps cap....

• Thumbs Up 2

Here is a problem I see:

H46a67l.png

krvtaUK.png

Those clocks are not "matched"...the P1 is only 1183 while the P0 is 1272...P1 also needs to be 1272 or you will only get full clocks, but not full GPU utilization.

In P1 you added the 145Mhz on top of the base clock instead on top of the stock 3D clock.;)

Hello again to everyone here, I've been here a while ago, I'll say about 5 months earlier, and I finally just decided to buy myself one GTX 980M for my M17x R4.

So I see the options remains the same, meaning, either Windows 7 with Optimus, without eDP 120Hz panel, either Windows 8.1 or 10, with dedicated graphics, and the ability to use a 120Hz panel right? And apparently no worries about throttling issues when using Optimus.

I tried to read the 100 more thread pages since the last time I've been here, but I may have missed a lot, that was quite huge.

Now I'm comming back with one question... I just saw the Clevo P771ZM and I'm wondering if a 980M bought from HIDEvolution could be swapped to this Clevo monster later, with or without a vbios flash? Anyone knows anything about that?

I just sent them a mail to get more informations about their cards, I'll see what they tell me.

Actually, I plan on upgrading my M17x R4 for the moment, and maybe in the next months or even earlier, I may buy a Clevo P771ZM without graphics card, and put my 980M inside, if it happens to be compatible.

for the love of god don't use HIDevolution.

i made the same mistake.

they're cheap, but they're terrible. slow shipping, slow in responding, sadly my unit was DOA, slow to answer questions, terrible support (except for one person on their team), slow in returns process, and don't have a replacement, so further delays

have seen multiple people with issues with their cards, much higher fail rate it seems

i seriously regret using them, and will strongly recommend anywhere else

i did a similar thing. from a m17xr4. 980m DOA aside, I seriously regret doing it. the whole driver install / compatibility issues shit is a pain in the arse.

i'd make do with what you have for longer, and then just move to clevo with a 980m already in it. it's just not worth the hassel

it's fine when it works, but when it doesn't, and your laptop is your main pc, it's fucking annoying.

[MENTION=2750]Miguel Maroto Madrid[/MENTION] first you need to find out the highest possible clocks using stock voltage, 1.068v should hold +145 without issues. P1 core matched @1271

Try @1262/2805 P0-P1 matched stock v.

+1 MHz...:)

it doesn't matter which clocks I match between P0 and P1 it always comes back to 1126MHz. No throttling down from 1126MHz.

I am using Prema's v1.1 vBIOS. Try this NVIDIA Inspector batch file. Just double-click it and do not open NVIDIA Inspector.

1376.1393.1125mV-p1=p0.zip

Compare your GPU behavior to what I show in this video.

So now both core & memory run stock under SLI, memory drops to @2505. Installing v344.75 will probably restore vram ocing. Disabling SLI enables core & memory ocing...?

Yesterday vram overclocking was working fine, no drops. Worst case scenario @1126/2505 (SLI), no throttling at stock frequencies..

So now both core & memory run stock under SLI, installing v344.75 will probably restore vram ocing. Disabling SLI enables core & memory ocing?

Yesterday vram overclocking was working fine, no drops. Worst case scenario @1126/2505, no throttling at stock frequencies..

No, no, worst case scenario = 1126 / 2955 no throttling at all (with your 350.12 mod)

and this is the test with your 344.75, it tries to be as high as it can but it always goes down to 135 MHz or so:

- - - Updated - - -

3D Mark 11 - Mr.Fox's batch file - 344.75 J95 modded drivers.

and this is the test with your 344.75, it tries to be as high as it can but it always goes down to 135 MHz or so:

vram @1393 drops to @1252...? Reinstall 350.12.
No, no, worst case scenario = 1126 / 2955 no throttling at all (with your 350.12 mod)

Link? Was it yesterday?

- - - Updated - - -

This was before installing v344.75?

That video was using 350.12. Not quite sure why it drops to 1252.

Current drivers 350.12, worst case scenario @1126/2505 (SLI), no throttling at stock frequencies...

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=2750]Miguel Maroto Madrid[/MENTION]

350.12 Installed, Power off -> remove power cord and battery -> Hold power button for 60 seconds -> reinsert battery/plug power cord. Everything Stock "no P-states matching". Run FS/capture.

[MENTION=2750]Miguel Maroto Madrid[/MENTION] try this:

- - - Updated - - -

350.12 Installed, Power off -> remove power cord and battery -> Hold power button for 60 seconds -> reinsert battery/plug power cord. Everything Stock "no P-states matching". Run FS/capture.

- - - Updated - - -

if you have seen the video, you can clearly see that the 99% of the time the cards are running into P1 State (talking about memory clocks). So if we manage to flash both cards with hardcoded clocks and voltage maybe we can circumvent the annoying throttling.

• Thumbs Up 1

- - - Updated - - -

if you have seen the video, you can clearly see that the 99% of the time the cards are running into P1 State (talking about memory clocks). So if we manage to flash both cards with hardcoded clocks and voltage maybe we can circumvent the annoying throttling.

Throttling @799 vram.

NV Inspector "P1" only - set vram @2505 leave everything else stock. Run FS.