• cmd (Admin)
    bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

• Reboot -> F8 Enter "Safe Mode"
  • Run DDU/third option
  • F8 -> select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"
  • Download GeForce 344.65 WHQL
  • Extract driver w/ 7-Zip
  • Display.Driver folder -> copy/overwrite nvcvi.inf
  • Extracted driver folder -> run setup.exe.
  • Reboot.

nvcvi.inf_v344.65_AW_GTX_980M

Ok, I will going to try nvcvi, but for the moment this is what i obtained

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13142[/ATTACH]

And with nvflash...

I am using modded drivers provided by Eurocom, and vbios V10

Okay then, don't skip anything...:Banane35:

What should I do now??? wait for dell vbios???
Alienware AW17 i7 4930MX@4 Ghz, 24GB crucial DDR3L 1600Mhz, Plextor SSD 128gb Msata, OCZ Vector 512gb, WD 2Tb 7200rpm, Nvidia GTX980M 8gb, 17`3" FHD 3D 120Hz

You don't have the 3D model! Continuity editing...missed that.

post-3012-1449499877226_thumb.png

Start installing the missing devices...right click SetupChipset and run it as administrator http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=20775&lang=eng&ProdId=816

Post this.

post-3012-14494998772595_thumb.png

You don't have the 3D model! Continuity editing...missed that.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13143[/ATTACH]

Start installing the missing devices...right click SetupChipset and run it as administrator http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=20775〈=eng&ProdId=816

Post this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13144[/ATTACH]

Eurocom told me that in 3d screen doesn`t work 980m, my laptop was upgraded for me, then i removed 3d and install 900p screen before start with the vga

Should I install 3d screen????

Could you tell me what driver I need for this???

ACPI\VEN_CPL&DEV_0002

ACPI\CPL0002

*CPL0002

It is the only I cant install before install vga drivers

That's the AW OSD http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01943505M/1/Application_XFKFC_WN_0.33.0.11C_A01.EXE

Do you still have the stock card GTX 780M?

should I return this 980m to eurocom???

Instead of returning it you could ask @svl7 for help, he will need a card to do the proper testing anyway, frankly people are expecting too much, it doesn't work that way. it is simply impossible without it. I don't know if he has the time for this or even if he's willing to try, better PM him to find out. Other members have done this before with extraordinary results http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks.html Both of you are in Europe, so shipping is not a concern and if it doesn't work you can always return the card. Si no, no pasa nada...;)

Things like this is a painful reminder how valuable SVL skills with vbios/BIOS really is when the OEMs lock things down. I tried looking at the hex from a vbios earlier but had absolutely no idea what I was looking at lol :P

Hope you are finished with the military service soon SVL. We desperately need help

I just returned my 980m to the Korean Clevo Reseller.

It was my honor to test it for alienware compatibility. Personally, I think I've done many things a "non-computer worker" like myself can do with it.

For future enthusiasts who may want to test it further, I will summarize things that I've done and the results of it.

- All tests were done with clevo 980m card. It worked perfectly as single and as SLI in clevo p375sm.

- I've tested two clevo vbios (v10, v12) and one MSI vbios (v0A).

- Tested alienwares are m17x R4, m18x R2, AW17 and AW18 with one 980m.

- For AW17 and AW18, since there is no unlocked bios all I could do is just enabling or disabling iGPU using Fn+F5. And a few bios version were changed during the tests.

- For m17x R4 and m18x R2, unlocked bios and stock bios were both tested. And unlocked A03 bios was tested too.

- In m17x R4 and m18x R2, I've changed "virtually everything" in the bios to see if there is any change : on/off sound and iGPU, set primary disaplay as SG and PEG.

- Both uefi and legacy were tested.

Results : 8 beeps whenever I disable iGPU.

My journey with 980m is over for now. I am not going to buy one for myself before any solid success from trustworthy person because I know how it will behave on alienware.

The best solution would be Dell or NVIDIA making a stock vbios/bios that will allow us to use it. But I doubt they will do.

I really hope someone would make a solution. Too bad I am a med doctor not a computer programmer. The 980m that I've tested should have been tested by someone like svl7, prema, johnksss or Mr Fox. I couldn't send it to any of them because I am in Korea and it is not mine. I am really sorry about that.

Good luck to those who are still testing it.

• Thumbs Up 4

I talk to him, but i dont want to loose any warranty, I can to extract current bios of the card and send him, what more could he need???

He will need the card (PM him), your vbios is the same one that godfafa tested out. So a vbios dump is useless, since your AW is optimus now, not 3D sig. AS I said It's impossible to find a solution/Mod without a testing machine and 980M (vbios related). If I'm not mistaken svl7 has an AW 17 3D so it doesn't get any better than that. Installing back your 3D screen is a must, getting rid of the crappy 900p screen you're using now...:D For warranty purposes (exuding the obvious) or if you want to return it, you can always flash back the stock vbios. Eventually someone will send him a 980M anyway, no worries...:D

Thanks to @godfafa 'proper testing', we know what doesn't work. Moreover, eurocom is selling 'AW Upgrade Kits' based on his findings here, not their 'team' work. Maybe a discount :D, it's only 100% profit per card...:D

this is waht Eurocom answer me when I try return vga card

[FONT=arial]Estimado lechonman:

The card is working in AW 17 (R5) and M17x R4 we tested in few systems and no issues

What is your model? What is your old VGA card? Is your VGA heatsink 3pipe or 2pipe? GTX 980M is 100W card so you need 3pipe heatsink

[FONT=arial]- upgradeyourlaptop[/FONT] [/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Pulsa el botón Responder para contestar a través de Mensajes, o bien abre tu cuenta de correo electrónico para responder[/FONT]

And they refer me to this video, that is a photo montage, in any place we can see is an Alienware with that card

[FONT=arial]http://youtu.be/mZkkRfPwpdk[/FONT]

a seller from eurocom told me this

We have both GTX 970M and 980M available

GTX 980M works in Alienware AW 17 (R5) and M17x R4

It doesn't work in any other model

GTX 970M doesn't work in any AW model

What is your laptop model?

So there you go for AW models

I bought them this 980m and DOESN`T WORKS!!!!!! (sorry)

that video is a photo montage, I cannot see in real any aw17 with 980 working....

look my videos

the card is not compatible with any AW, you can install nvidia moded drivers, but you cant do anything that requires use that video device....

They got 980M to work but not 970M? O_o

@lechonman: There are many threads out there with 980M working with AW17 and M17x. They have posted both 3DMark benchmarks and gameplay.

Here is a recent one. They used the 1028 one which is Dell.

Have you tried starting from scratch with a clean install of the drivers? Removed all traces of previous drivers?

If upgradeyourlaptop doesnt want to refund you, you should consider borrowing the card to SVL for him to look at. Maybe that will speed up the non existing progress we have :/