Going to test clevo 980m in alienware m17x R4, m18x R2, AW17

godfafa

Yes I disabled Serial Port A & Azalia. I also double checked the HDMI was worked before hand..

Hopefully it's one of the other settings then, since it's partially disassembled already, try disabling Serial Port A & Azalia and forget the other settings. If it works it will be really easy to flash the cards using an external drive/esata or drive swapping.

@J95 damn you've finally solved it :)

Now I'm Alienwareless!!!! Lookin forward to my new Clevo P570WM :)

Yep, flashing the cards. Throttling...is just a temporary solution unfortunately, like everything 980M related, it ends once you raise clocks.

From memory the only other setting would be have been "disable lan"...? :grumpy:

I had already put it back together otherwise I would have tried. I needed to use my machine... too little time on my end tonight , I didn't expect to be doing a tear down .

• Thumbs Up 1

@J95 - It was worth the try still bud :32_002:. I appreciate what you're trying to do for us all.

Here was the selection I tried.

post-5470-14494999536669_thumb.jpg

I just went back into the BIOS then to make sure

post-5470-14494999537008_thumb.jpg

If Azalia is left enabled, it's possible to Enable "Azalia Internal HDMI codec" which is normally disabled...?

Would have that been why I got an 8 beeb error perhaps?

• Thumbs Up 1

hey guys. just installed 980m in m18x r2 today and noticed it is also flickering at unengine page, actually in 2 different machines - same result.

can anyone look?

https://unigine.com/products/valley/

That's normal 60Hz, setting 120Hz and the flickering is gone.

@J95 - It was worth the try still bud :32_002:. I appreciate what you're trying to do for us all.

Here was the selection I tried.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14220[/ATTACH]

I just went back into the BIOS then to make sure

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14221[/ATTACH]

If Azalia is left enabled, it's possible to Enable "Azalia Internal HDMI codec" which is normally disabled...?

Would have that been why I got an 8 beeb error perhaps?

Yep, correct settings pic1, all disabled. If there's any HDMI connection issue it will start beeping, the external monitor will stay blank but not the laptop. Enabling 'Azalia Internal HDMI codec' probably won't help.

On Alienware M17X R14 with UEFI BIOS A11 I tested under both Windows 7 (I have not tried Optimus) that Windows 8.1 but the result I get is always black screen. Windows runs in the background but it remains the home screen.

Where I'm wrong someone knows help?

Thank You

So I went ahead and read about %75 of this thread and I'm still not sure about some stuff. Can someone answer some of my questions and tell me if I'm right or not please? (Thanks to everyone in advance)

1) Will 980M / 970M work with Alienware 18? (I'm under a impression that they will as long as I set the bios to uefi only and use win 8.1)

2) Will they work in SLI? (I'm under a impression that they will as long as I set the bios to uefi only and use win 8.1)

3) Will there be any issues running them in SLI? (I've read that the second GPU fan is not working?)

3) Now that dell sell laptops with 980m / 970m Can we/Should we flash dell vbios? (so far I've read No there isn't / No we shouldn't)

GeForce Hotfix driver 347.71

This is a GeForce Hot Fix driver, version 347.71 that addresses the following issue:

I'm still waiting for someone to reply to my last questions. but meanwhile I have couple of more questions to ask.

1) In Alienware 18 which GPU is primary Right Or Left?

2) Can I use one 980M (As primary GPU) and one 765M (As dedicated physx card)?

Buenos días, he seguido paso a paso la configuración de MrFox para overclock i7-4940mx a 4,3Ghz en mi Alienware 18 "muchas gracias". Tengo una pequeña duda y es que en "Intel Xtreme Tuing U..." veo que la ram aparece como que esta a 1.5v cuando debería ser 1.35v. Desde la aplicación no me permite bajar a 1,35v, la duda que tengo es si realmente esta a 1.5v y debo desinstalar XTU o si debo ignorar ese apartado y dejarlo tal cual. La ram es Corsair Vengeance 2.133Mhz 2x8 "16gb" Saludos

Hello, I followed step by step configuration MrFox to overclock i7-4940mx to 4,3Ghz in my Alienware 18 "thank you very much". I have a small doubt is that in "Intel Xtreme Tuing U ..." I see the ram appears like this to 1.5v when it should be 1.35v. Since the application does not allow me to go down to 1.35V, the question I have is whether or not this to 1.5v and must uninstall XTU or if I should ignore that section and leave it at that. The ram is Corsair Vengeance 2.133Mhz 2x8 "16gb" Greetings

Can someone with a Alienware M17x R4 confirm the following? When you switch between Optimus and dedicated modes, have u had to reinstall NVIDIA drivers? Also, I heard that windows 7 works in Optimus mode supposedly in this Alienware upgrade thread.. I might have read wrong but do correct me here if it isn't the case.

¿Puede del alguien ONU de la estafa Alienware M17x R4 lo confirme siguiente? Al change Entre Optimus MODOS Y Dedicados, Tener u Tenia Que volver a Instalar los Controladores de NVIDIA? : Además, él Oído Que Windows 7 Funciona en el Modo Optimus Supuestamente En Este tema Actualización Alienware .. Yo podria Haber Leído mal, Pero No me corrija here Si No Es El caso. [/ Quote] No, en mi M17x R4, párr switch to de Gráficos Integrados un Dedicados No Es Necesario Volver a Instalar los Controladores "FN + F7". Solo es necessary Reiniciar el equipo. Alguien me Florerias aclarar la duda Que puse en el mensaje anterior? Saludos No, en mi M17x R4, gráficos integrados para cambiar a "FN + F7" dedicado no es necesario volver a instalar los controladores. Sólo es necesario que reinicie el equipo. ¿Puede alguien me ilumine dudo que puse en el post anterior? saludos

Win7/MBR are basically for flashing the cards and 3DMark11/stock (sound card disabled), the other BIOS settings + NV Inspector will remove throttling for Gaming but not extreme OCing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14216[/ATTACH]

Edit: Core throttling, at least flashing is not a problem anymore for 120Hz AWs...M18xR2?

@J95 how can you boot with Windows 7 and 980M? Does it work properly??? You haven't answered my question from earlier..

Thanks,

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

Win7/MBR are basically for flashing the cards and 3DMark11/stock (sound card disabled), the other BIOS settings + NV Inspector will remove throttling for Gaming but not extreme OCing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14216[/ATTACH]

Edit: Core throttling, at least flashing is not a problem anymore for 120Hz AWs...M18xR2?

@J95 how can you boot with Windows 7 and 980M? Does it work properly??? You haven't answered my question from earlier..

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks,

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks,

Tom

hXwkltI.png

post-3012-14494999609103_thumb.png

You need to disable the sound card 120Hz/PEG AWs nvflash'ing 900M series - Legacy BIOS Mode, HDMI or USB solution instead.

Win7/GPT - UEFI/Legacy option ROM

nRnfogP.png

Win7/MBR - Legacy BIOS Mode.

post-3012-14494999609653_thumb.png

- - - Updated - - -

February 13th, my card finally arrived...

- Clock-block *workaround* ✓

- 120Hz/PEG nvflash'ing ✓

- Win7 both UEFI & Legacy ✓

- PEG throttling ✓

- OCing "" "" *soon*...