Going to test clevo 980m in alienware m17x R4, m18x R2, AW17

godfafa

I try with 344.75. I still didnt try .80

i 'll do it when i got time.

so 347.09 = no good?

EDIT: I wish someone bought this....

http://www.hidevolution.com/alienware-17-hid24-nvidia-gtx-980m-120hz-gaming-laptop.html

so we can dissect how HIDevolution were able to get to boot with the nvidia GPU and this might help those with 60Hz displays to boot in dedicated mode.

so 347.09 = no good?

EDIT: I wish someone bought this....

http://www.hidevolution.com/alienware-17-hid24-nvidia-gtx-980m-120hz-gaming-laptop.html

so we can dissect how HIDevolution were able to get to boot with the nvidia GPU and this might help those with 60Hz displays to boot in dedicated mode.

I wonder if someone was to buy a 980m from them if they would share their secrets on how to make it work with windows 7 and 120hz screen.

@godfafa

@Peter18x

@mikecacho

@faritas90

I need you to test this driver, first install nvcv.inf(1) check throttling w/ GPU-Z (log), repeat tests with nvcv.inf(2). Extracting driver w/ 7-Zip -> Don't delete any driver folders <-

Run DDU (uncheck intel drivers, disable driver signing. Perform all tests w/ -> Optimus Disabled <- 3D Models included.

Stock & unlocked vBIOS too.

GeForce 344.91

nvcv.inf_(1)_v344.91_AW17_M17x_AW18_M18x_GTX_980M_970M.zip

nvcv.inf_(2)_v344.91_AW17_M17x_AW18_M18x_GTX_980M_970M.zip

• Thumbs Up 2

@godfafa

@Peter18x

@mikecacho

@faritas90

I need you to test this driver, first install nvcv.inf(1) check throttling w/ GPU-Z (log), repeat tests with nvcv.inf(2). Extracting driver w/ 7-Zip -> Don't delete any driver folders <-

Run DDU (uncheck intel drivers, disable driver signing. Perform all tests w/ -> Optimus Disabled <- 3D Models included.

GeForce 344.91

so you're hoping this will fix the throttling in dedicated mode?

i will try, but i give you in case my id and i see from the first time i look there is a new line who wasn't there: D590A51&0&0008 :? i don't understand, it wasn't there before i try to mod everything..

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_05AA1028&REV_A1\4&D590A51&0&0008

i will try, but i give you in case my id and i see from the first time i look there is a new line who wasn't there: D590A51&0&0008 :? i don't understand, it wasn't there before i try to mod everything..

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_05AA1028&REV_A1\4&D590A51&0&0008

Just use nvcv.inf(1) above, "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_05AA1028" included.

Optimus disabled/dedicated. Don't forget to disable driver signing.

• Thumbs Up 1

ahh i passed and it's working in dedicated, going to test now with hwinfo :)

Thanks J95 :)

sounds like 2 files need to be modded then?! i am eager to see what happens cos i am also aiming for a 980M on an AW17.

EDIT: anyone willing to put up new drivers with the 2 modded *.INFs if it works?

sounds like 2 files need to be modded then?! i am eager to see what happens cos i am also aiming for a 980M on an AW17.

EDIT: anyone willing to put up new drivers with the 2 modded *.INFs if it works?

Yep, first install using nvcv.inf(1) then re-install using nvcv.inf(2)...still, it's not just the inf...:D

• Thumbs Up 1

So your (1) working but (2) same result i get as before: blackscreen.

temp are like in optimus for game but cooler for 3dmark cumpared to optimus with eurocom driver.

Game run good like in optimus, no throttling for 5mn. But 3dmark lower results.

post-31335-14494999081903_thumb.jpg

post-31335-14494999082055_thumb.jpg

post-31335-14494999082177_thumb.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

if you can tell me what to mod like in (1), i want to give a try with eurocom driver in dedicated and last 347.09 another time :)

• Thumbs Up 1

So your (1) working but (2) same result i get as before: blackscreen.

temp are like in optimus for game but cooler for 3dmark cumpared to optimus with eurocom driver.

Game run good like in optimus, no throttling for 5mn. But 3dmark lower results.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13604[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13605[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13606[/ATTACH]

- - - Updated - - -

if you can tell me what to mod like in (1), i want to give a try with eurocom driver in dedicated and last 347.09 another time :)

Then re-install using nvcv.inf(1), v347.09 results will lack accuracy, broken driver. I'll mod it anyway, together v344.75.

@godfafa

@Peter18x

@mikecacho

@faritas90

GeForce 344.91

@J95 Thanks for update

nvcv 1. install fine but throttle same as 344.80

nvcv 2. Black screen while installin driver. Restart system many times but blackscreen. (Stupid win 8 need recovery USB just to restart in safe mode).

- - - Updated - - -

@godfafa

@Peter18x

@mikecacho

@faritas90

GeForce 344.91

@J95 Thanks for update

nvcv 2. Black screen while installin driver. Restart system many times but blackscreen. (Stupid win 8 need recovery USB just to restart in safe mode).

• Thumbs Up 1

@J95 Thanks for update

- - - Updated - - -

@J95 Thanks for update

Test single GPU, I will try something else for SLI.

I need IDs for both Clevo P570xx & P377xx...someone?

Brother Fox, can you walk me through this part

"After disabling ASPM in the BIOS, including at the individual PCIe port level" ..?

I'd like to give that a try and see if I can notice any difference.

As you know I'm using 347.09 with barely any throttling..the memory clocks kick down for about 4 seconds in a 3d mark 11 run.. I wonder if it can fix that.

Yes I agree..No overclocking is sad. I want to crank these!

I am on a business trip and don't have any way to take screen photos, but if you look in the BIOS you will find a menu for PCI Express and all of the ports will be listed when you open that menu. Expand the menu for each PCIe port and you will find settings for ASPM at the port level. Disable ASPM there as well as the other two places. I believe the default is "Auto" and I changed that to disabled.

I am on a business trip and don't have any way to take screen photos, but if you look in the BIOS you will find a menu for PCI Express and all of the ports will be listed when you open that menu. Expand the menu for each PCIe port and you will find settings for ASPM at the port level. Disable ASPM there as well as the other two places. I believe the default is "Auto" and I changed that to disabled.

not even a camera phone?

Cheers fella! No need for a screenie. That's good already

Regarding the 344.91 drivers

344.91 Stock

post-5470-14494999125325_thumb.png

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/9278256

• Thumbs Up 2