Going to test clevo 980m in alienware m17x R4, m18x R2, AW17

godfafa

in that video they upload, from 4:45 to the end is just a photo montage, could you see in any of those pictures if they are using an aw17????? because i cant, the must only run gpuz in a video, and after 5 secounds aw will go freezy, that is what happend to me, I can provide any video trying to launch any test, all the same, laptop will crash or freezy, anybody need more evidence????

They now told me that they use windows 7 not windows 8.1, 980m simply doesn`t work in any alienware laptop, item is not compatible, they make me to change my 3d screen for another one, in that same moment, item is not fully compatible with my laptop.

I sent to eurocom all my config before they send to me, they never provided me any proof of full working in any alienware laptop.

and now for finish, svl7 told me he will receive a 980m next monday, i did mail him yesterday.

• Thumbs Up 2

They got 980M to work but not 970M? O_o

@lechonman: There are many threads out there with 980M working with AW17 and M17x. They have posted both 3DMark benchmarks and gameplay.

Here is a recent one. They used the 1028 one which is Dell.

Have you tried starting from scratch with a clean install of the drivers? Removed all traces of previous drivers?

If upgradeyourlaptop doesnt want to refund you, you should consider borrowing the card to SVL for him to look at. Maybe that will speed up the non existing progress we have :/

I did try 3 clean install, and allways same result... NO WORKS....jejejej

If I couldnt return vga, that is my last hope, svl7......

- - - Updated - - -

This is the last answare from Eurocom

Hello Juan.

I am getting a video for you of it working shortly.

It is working fine on BIOS A09, have you tried downgrading?

Here are the setting that I am using:

Bios A09

Running UEFI.

Windows 8.1 PRO with all the updates and .net frameworks updates.

Intel video drivers from Dell / AW site.

Nvidia drivers ver. 344.60 modified INF.

For this I am just matching the exact same drivers / bios I tested within W7.

If I couldnt return vga, that is my last hope, svl7......

- - - Updated - - -

This is the last answare from Eurocom

Hello Juan.

I am getting a video for you of it working shortly.

It is working fine on BIOS A09, have you tried downgrading?

Here are the setting that I am using:

Bios A09

Running UEFI.

Windows 8.1 PRO with all the updates and .net frameworks updates.

Intel video drivers from Dell / AW site.

Nvidia drivers ver. 344.60 modified INF.

For this I am just matching the exact same drivers / bios I tested within W7.

Exactly why bios A09? Has Dell made some barriers in later bios Versions?

Well that is very good news. Hope its the same fix for AW18 as it is for the older M18x/M17x notebooks since SVL probably have M17x?

Last I checked he only had an M15x, and the man is serving military service in Switzerland. Might be a while though. Let's see what Alienware's next move is. Cause I'm hoping they would just skip Broadwell and give us a Skylake machine with 980M :D

AW17 3d, will be back home at the end of the week.

Probably the best scenario for everyone. 120Hz = No Optimus.

Its the non Optimus mode that isnt working for anyone. Including AW18. So this is good.

I heard rumors though that GTX 980M doesnt support 120Hz so it will be interesting to see what you find out.

We are counting on you Captain :feel_good:

• Thumbs Up 4

Probably the best scenario for everyone. 120Hz = No Optimus.

Its the non Optimus mode that isnt working for anyone. Including AW18. So this is good.

I heard rumors though that GTX 980M doesnt support 120Hz so it will be interesting to see what you find out.

We are counting on you Captain :feel_good:

just got Clevo with 980m sli and 120Hz, so i will be able to test that!

i dont know if its my monitor or GPU, but i get flickering of some colors when i force 60hz, 120hz runs just perfect! anybody having similar problems with 120hz screens? mine is LGD02C5

tried forcing 30hz and its just horrible.

Mine too. LGD02C5 is brighter (m17xR3 3d) than Samsung SEC5044 R4 3d & AW17 3d. Since Nv drivers 344.48, the monitors profiles are all messed up 120Hz/144Hz. Mainly blank screen or blurry image/text. I'm back to v344.11, refresh rate bug (5 months), it reverts to 60Hz upon restart. I'm using HRC as a task to set 120Hz.

post-3012-14494998781342_thumb.png

@tanzmiester Could you post the GPU IDs?

post-30815-14494998781983_thumb.png

- - - Updated - - -

been benchmarking these 2 in Valley and my worst fears have validated: the cards are downclocked on memory rather much. by adding 400mhz(max i could get stable), i got 15% performance boost in Valley without going on the core!

more so increasing the core doesnt give any performance increase at all! there is a lot more power hidden behind the memory bandwidth, unfortunately.

any chances that someday vbios hack can make memory overclock more stable? going to 6500-7000 efficient on memory with some core oveclocking could bring it to performance of stock 780ti, i assume.

temps stay at 72-75 here through 30minute testing in Valley, so there is some room for overclocking i guess?

- - - Updated - - -

my monitor runs and boots perfectly at 120hz, easily overclocked to 144hz and is working at these rates perfectly, so as 100 and 110hz too.

60hz and 50hz seemed to work fine untill i went to Valley download page and noticed scales of gray blinking/flickering on the background of the page, swithcing to 120hz or anything above 100hz removed any artifacts.

is this normal for this screen LGD02C5? or should i return my laptop to the vendor?

• Thumbs Up 1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13183[/ATTACH]

my monitor runs and boots perfectly at 120hz, easily overclocked to 144hz and is working at these rates perfectly, so as 100 and 110hz too.

60hz and 50hz seemed to work fine untill i went to Valley download page and noticed scales of gray blinking/flickering on the background of the page, swithcing to 120hz or anything above 100hz removed any artifacts.

is this normal for this screen LGD02C5? or should i return my laptop to the vendor?

That is perfectly normal, try switching from 60Hz to 120Hz here LCD monitor test images I will remove the the 3d emitter cable and install drivers using nvcvi.inf (Clevo) with your machine ID corresponding section.

do you mean you would remove 3d emitter cable and install drivers from Clevo? sorry to hijack this thread, ive sent you PM. please help, i dont really understand what to do, this is my first 120hz screen ever and too little info to wrap my mind around it. are you saying it is possible to remove that flickering at 60hz?

this flickers badly Inversion (pixel-walk) - Lagom LCD test

do you mean you would remove 3d emitter cable and install drivers from Clevo? sorry to hijack this thread, ive sent you PM. please help, i dont really understand what to do, this is my first 120hz screen ever and too little info to wrap my mind around it. are you saying it is possible to remove that flickering at 60hz?

this flickers badly Inversion (pixel-walk) - Lagom LCD test

Now, try again setting 120Hz.

120hz resolves that, and 100hz too

- - - Updated - - -

is'nt it weird that i can not get more than 400mhz overclock on the memory? mine is Samsung

- - - Updated - - -

is'nt it weird that i can not get more than 400mhz overclock on the memory? mine is Samsung

after some testing on my overclocked desktop 780 sli setup(1178mhz core) i see that my 980m sli is loosing the battle by 25% with 400mhz on memory overclock in Valley.