i7-2920xm engineering sample

did you use wprime 1.55 or a different version?

Yep that's the one

@Aikimox Is it possible to obtain the dual piped heatsink aftermarket? And if so, how? :)

I tried getting it from DELL but was told that it's not available for separate purchase yet.

I was looking at the parts list. Is the heat-sink we are after one of these?

HD9NJ Heat Sink, CPU, Qual Core, XE

X4KPF Heat Sink, CPU, Qual Core

***im slow today. is XE short for extreme edition?

Edited by skwisgaar
  • Thumbs Up 1

I called Dell and was speaking to the guys in the parts department and they seemed to think I would be able to get it. He just couldnt give me details on which was the dual piped cooler. I will try again tomorrow and let you guys know the results.

Yeah, at least try it. Otherwise I'm sure a forum member can get it for you. $20 is incredibly cheap...!!!! If it's really that cheap I'd recommend to buy a bunch and sell them for $40 on ebay, would definitely work.

• Thumbs Up 1

i would rather pay $40 on ebay, then spend an hour trying to explain to the tech which part i want. heheheh

Haha, very true. I wasted 2 hours yesterday just for the following: " The part number your are looking for is inactive in Canada and thus unavailable for purchase. In addition, installing this part in your system would void the warranty."

And they are asking why do most serious businesses move to California, lol :)

Awesome, please keep us posted. BTW, my business partner who's working on a 4-piped HS requested a 2-piped HS for some experiments, so the sooner you get them the sooner we may be able to improve them :)

• Thumbs Up 1

According to their thermal app. engineers it should be doable. The pipes will be smaller and go inside the radiator and inside the CPU copper plate (the plate itself may have to be replaced with a bigger one)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

Really interested to see the results, if that's doable then we are talking about a nice performance improvement since our bigger limiting factor is heat dissipation.