i7-2920xm engineering sample

You guys better find someone in the US since the US Dell price for a single 2-piped HS is only 20$ while in Canada it's 50$ (they charge shipping too :( )

I actually called up dell today to ask about purchasing some of the dual heatpipes and they were willing to sell me one, but once I asked for more they got all defensive and starting asking me questions like whom I was affiliated with, do I run a company (in electronics/computers) etc... lol

I think they thought I was trying to steal/con them in some way.

So, I ended up not buying any and will see about calling them back and hopefully speak with someone less paranoid in a few days.

D.

I ordered 3 a few weeks ago and they didnt ask any questions.

Hi All,

Newbie :)

Just wanted to update fellow Asia/pacific users "quote from (Jimbo)"

I just ordered one from Dell Australia sales no questions asked it was $40 dollars ETA 3 to 4 weeks Out of Stock. Happy to wait as im finding the stocker one pipe is shocking that came with my 2720qm. i'm hoping to upgrade in the future.

Edited by barcode
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi All,

Newbie :)

Just wanted to update fellow Asia/pacific users "quote from (Jimbo)"

I just ordered one from Dell Australia sales no questions asked it was $40 dollars ETA 3 to 4 weeks Out of Stock. Happy to wait as im finding the stocker one pipe is shocking that came with my 2720qm. i'm hoping to upgrade in the future.

Thanks for the news mate, maybe I just got someone on their first day, I'll try them again.

EDIT: +rep :)

Hi

I Just had a discussion with Dell, they definitely wont sell me the HS because i would lose my warranty by chaning the Heatsink.

The Price here in Germany for the HS is 54€ thats 75Dollar, so i can also buy from Canada for 50Dollar.......

Greets

NoFear

Is the 18x-r1 HS the same as 17x-r3?

If you need CAD skills, I'm available.

I do believe they are different but I may be wrong so please someone step in and correct me if I am.

They honestly look essentially the same.

Just wondering because I would absolutely love to be able to toss a dual (or quad? lol - But yes I'd pay out $100+ for one if it would fit) pipe CPU HS in my 17x-r3!

They honestly look essentially the same.

Just wondering because I would absolutely love to be able to toss a dual (or quad? lol - But yes I'd pay out $100+ for one if it would fit) pipe CPU HS in my 17x-r3!

It definitely would be worth it if it fits. That would be great.

No, sorry guys, the M17x r3 and M18x CPU heatsinks are different, check out Dane's repaste guide and debauchers teardown guide...

But the r3 CPU heatsink has already two heatpipes, so that should be fine I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

nothing new here?

Which clocks are stable for Gaming?level 2? or is it to hot?

Im still searching for someone who order the dualheatpipe HS for me......

I will pay some extra cash for the trouble.....

NoFear

I know this is 18x forum, but I'd buy a few of these in a heartbeat if anyone could confirm 17xr3 hacked bios XM support :|

...multiple so I could grab the sweetest of the bunch and take a bit of a loss reselling the duds

• 2 months later...
Just got a call from dell, my dual pipe HS has been delayed by "Up to six weeks" because they're out of stock. Could have told me that when I ordered it a week ago.:22_002:

How long did it take to receive? I ordered min on 10/21/11 and it keeps getting delayed:grey:

The dual pipe is a worthy investment even for non-xm it lowers temps dramatically from comparison benches i've seen. It's crucial for getting really efficient overclocks and beneficial for turbo boost even on non-xm. The best part is its a full copper block at its base rather than aluminum or something. Its quite hefty. Testing models of M18x XM setup had triple pipes on the cpu like the gpus but the (**(&% company released it with at most two...

How long did it take to receive? I ordered min on 10/21/11 and it keeps getting delayed:grey:

Welcome to Tech Inferno BTW. What kind of rig do you have. That heatsink is very nice i like it over the one from the M17x R2 i had previous to my M18x

Welcome to Tech Inferno BTW. What kind of rig do you have. That heatsink is very nice i like it over the one from the M17x R2 i had previous to my M18x

I have a m18x 2920xm es, 580m SLI, 16gb 1866 ram, 240gb ssd, killer 1103 and it is a beast. Now I just need that dual pipe heat sink so I can overclock

Definitely a beast... :)

There's also a three piped heatsink, though apparently there's no separate part nr. for it... Not sure whether it is more efficient than the dual piped hs though.

Definitely a beast... :)

There's also a three piped heatsink, though apparently there's no separate part nr. for it... Not sure whether it is more efficient than the dual piped hs though.

im pretty sure it was much more powerful the triple pipe but there has been not one fore sale anywhere not even ebay.