petition to Lenovo to release unemcombered BIOS

TallT

• 3 months later...

Will sign. I find it infuriating to not be allowed to have control over my own laptop because Lenovo thinks they know what's best for me. It's a shame that they make such accesible hardware and impose ridiculous conditions on it. I hope they listen to the petition or I will never buy from them again..

Agent349, I don't htink it's necessarily that they think they know better. I know how it sounds but really it seems like it comes down to trying to limit customer-caused hardware failures by limiting the accepted hardware. Yes, it's stupid. No, they shouldn't do it. Sadly we still have to deal with it at this point. Going to go sign.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not think this petition will change Lenovo's marketing strategy. Maybe they change their thoughts when someone presents real statistics over customers satisfaction.

IMHO they think with this restriction they will sell more products. In this case they should create laptops in one solid cast, everything glued.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think is better to file a letter to EU comission for fair concurency, and explain to them that Lenovo is actively blocking various manufacturers products to be used in their laptops.

If they get an injuction on selling their all laptops in Europe, maybe they will stop with whitelisting the ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...