P570wm 3d 120hz emitter?

louis1978uk

Hi all just ordered my p570wm ,question i got a freeupgrade to 3d 120hz lg screen as the screen i ordered was out of stock.....my question is how hard its going to be to get hold of the 3d emitter.... i have 3d vision glasses and i know the mainboard is set for 3d it was just too late to get the emitter added to the spec.

Getting 3D emitter, cable and screen bezel is possible but internal 3D only works until GTX780M because Clevo refused to purchase further 3D licenses from NVIDIA.

thanks prema your bios mods aside your always a font of knowledge i appreciate your advise,ill avoid 3d i think...

on a differnt note extreme cpu's aside can anyone advise on sandy -e vs ivy -e cpus my lappy is z79 chipset socket lga2011 anyone care to offer some advise,pros and cons to help me choose a cpu,this machine is for gaming only favoring nvidia though comes with 7970s just to get the machine out their door which ill sell on....

i will likely overclock at some point but to what extent i havent decided and ill likely only use 1866 16gb g.skill ripjaw memory kit.

• 1 month later...
Getting 3D emitter, cable and screen bezel is possible but internal 3D only works until GTX780M because Clevo refused to purchase further 3D licenses from NVIDIA.

not to mention my board only has the solder points and no socket for the epd cable >< /sadpanda.

• 2 years later...

I just got an external kit for my p570wm. What do I need to do to get it to work? It's a nvidia 3dvision 1 kit. when I click on the nvidiawiz exe, it says this laptop's panel is not qualified for 3Dvision. why would it say that when it is 120hz?  Does this have to do with licensing too? Or would flashing to the 3d version premamod bios fix the issue? LGD02C5 is the hardware id for my screen.

I really thought you meant the internal emitter couldn't function because of the license. Did you mean the screen too?

And if so, What if I put my 780m from my other machine in with my 980m machine? what would happen? would 3dvision activate again?

Edited by Sh1nRa358

On 12/29/2016 at 1:47 PM, Sh1nRa358 said:

I just got an external kit for my p570wm. What do I need to do to get it to work? It's a nvidia 3dvision 1 kit. when I click on the nvidiawiz exe, it says this laptop's panel is not qualified for 3Dvision. why would it say that when it is 120hz?  Does this have to do with licensing too? Or would flashing to the 3d version premamod bios fix the issue? LGD02C5 is the hardware id for my screen.

I really thought you meant the internal emitter couldn't function because of the license. Did you mean the screen too?

And if so, What if I put my 780m from my other machine in with my 980m machine? what would happen? would 3dvision activate again?

You need to use an external screen to use 3D vision with an external kit. nVidia are money hungry.