Memory Clock OC Difference?

Example.. you can try this for yourself. 1. download and install EVGA precision or MSI afterburner. 2. Download and install FRAPS. 3. Run either EVGA or MSI and FRAPS.

4. Run crysis 2. 5. Stay still in a particular spot looking at a particular item. Hit f10 to take screenshot. 6 Now raise memory by 50 mhz. Take a screenshot.

You will notice you get about 1 fps per 50mhz of memory. Do the same with the cpu/shader and see how much you gain. The cpu/shader gives much more results than memory.

Try the experiment for yourself and let us know what you get.

Best Wishes, StevenX

• Thumbs Up 1

So I did it with Crysis 2, you can see my settings below, tried from Memory Clock 900Mhz with increment of 50Hz until 1080Mhz(max), FPS increases from 30-31 =/ haha, haven't tried the cpu/shader though. will give it a go when I have more time =)

post-463-14494988130638_thumb.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Usually memory clock effect performance dealing with resolution, AA, AF and textures. At 720p or even 900p if your not using AA and/or AF your hardly gonna push the bandwith/memory. I think you would get more notable performance difference if you used an external 1080p monitor with some anti aliasing when overclocked. But this is just a theory. It could also just be the way the card works. the memory is fairly fast on it.