GTX 900M Series Dropped

ReaverM1

GTX 900M Series dropped for the Asus G751 and Sager/Clevo and MSI. Does anyone have one in their AW 17? I have the newest model and after calling Alienware and Xotic PC they haven't officially tested it in house so I wanted to know if any of you guys have gotten a chance to test it? I'm in the process of acquiring one although its not 100% guarantee that will be able to get it yet. If someone beats me to it LMK how it goes.

Update so the only way to get one is to order a laptop with it or know someone in the system. Also Alienware, XoticPC, Clevo do not have any info/deny any compatibility with replacing say clevo gtx 980m in to the alienware 17. Card might fit but between bios and heat sink it may not work out at the moment. Doing the above will also void warranty so I've been told numerous times today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware/8113-going-test-clevo-980m-alienware-m17x-r4-m18x-r2-aw17.html

Not good news, I blame NV for this, they messed with something and AW was the only laptop OEM NOT on the 970/980m release blurb...

Because mickyd1234 is too awesome and really looked out for us and i'm sure a lot of u will be looking to this post still for a way to make it work, here is the link http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware/8113-going-test-clevo-980m-alienware-m17x-r4-m18x-r2-aw17-40.html#post114420 . Card not sells on ebay so Good luck guys. I'm getting mine on my birthday so cheers.

is the message alienware facebook

hello,

We are finalizing our pc offer with 900 series graphics cards .

In a few weeks the new configurations are available.

I can not say more , but it's not for a long time now

Good week to you too , cordially

Iva