Review: E-Win Champion Series Gaming Chair Read more... ×
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
GetFound

Alienware Windows Customizations - Restore Alienware's Look & Feel

It's real easy to do.

1. Open regedit (Click Start, type regedit.exe and press ENTER)

2. Navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation

3. Create the following three String Value entries

1. Logo - Place a path to a 120x120 BMP image of your choice
  2. Manufacturer - Alienware
  3. Model - Your model here

4. Exit registry editor

I suggest we rename this thread to Alienware Windows Customizations - Restore Alienware's Look & Feel and sticky it.

Lots of good info here for those who reformat and want to keep the branded AW windows look.

Thanks a ton, mate! That was very handy information. I'm now using my Battlefield 3 avatar in .bmp format as my system OEM logo! :D

Thanks a ton, mate! That was very handy information. I'm now using my Battlefield 3 avatar in .bmp format as my system OEM logo! :D

lol, nice idea!

Man, ever since I had to reinstall windows on my computer, I've been missing all the Alienware UI tweaks and didn't know how to get them back. Thanks a lot guys!

To change the start sound, google "windows 7 startup sound changer". The logoff sound can be changed in the control panel, windows sounds, just look for "exit windows"

Hello guys dunno if this is allowed here, but is some option how to get Windows 8.1 for Alienware? I've got original x64 pro version, but i'd like right Alienware iso

Guys, could you, please, check the links, looks like they are no longer valid. The content of this thread is quite interesting, but not available, I am afraid...

1 minute ago, -Shadow- said:

Guys, could you, please, check the links, looks like they are no longer valid. The content of this thread is quite interesting, but not available, I am afraid...

We can't do anything about those dead links as they are off site.