Alienware Windows Customizations - Restore Alienware's Look & Feel

GetFound

Alienware Windows Customizations -

All are tested and work on Windows 7 platform - 64bit

PC Related - Wallpapers, login screens, Avatars, etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alienware Wallpapers

Alienware Wallpapers

Alienware Avatars

Alienware Avatars

Alienware Login Backgrounds

Login backgrounds

Custom Login background changer by svl7

Login Background Changer

Alienware Karet Font

AlienKaret pack

Alienware Screensavers

Alienware Protector Screensaver

Screensaver 2

Alienware Sounds

Alienware Startup - Shutdown sounds

Alienware Dreamscenes/Movies - Br33d

Br33d Dreamscene

Br33d movie

Alienware Icon packs

***Use at your own risk***

These are good looking and installed fine, however my system slowed some after installing and I had to install the Alienware Theme from dell and restore windows look to Windows default. The Alienware theme is listed below from Dell's site.

Alienware Icon pack Blue

Alienware Icon pack Green

Alienware Icon pack Red

Alienware Windows 7 theme

Alienware Windows 7 Theme by Dell

Restore Alienware branding to your System Information screen

How to restore Alianware branding to your system in formation screen by Michael

Custom Alienware Stickers

Custom AW stickers - PM ILoveBoobs

Ultimate Windows Tweaker

Ultimate Windows Tweaker - Found by ILoveBoobs

PCFx - AlienFX lighting

PCFx - AlienFX lighting by Ixel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to PM me if I need to modify these or you have some to add!

Edited by GetFound
  • Thumbs Up 8

• Founder

The way to fix that is run the screensaver preview and then click out of it and your task bar will be fixed. I used to have the same problem when I used them.

• Thumbs Up 1

The icon x64 pack has stuffed up my sound? i have uninstall pack but now just get hissing out of my speakers

***Use at your own risk***

These are good looking and installed fine, however my system slowed some after installing and I had to install the Alienware Theme from dell and restore windows look to Windows default. The Alienware theme is listed in the first post.

I haven't run into the taskbar issue with the screensaver, good call on a fix Brian.

Edited by GetFound

FYI the icon pack is awesome dude but there is some file in one of the dll's that corrupts the sound (possible 5033.wav) the uninstall didn't fix this either. I will try and make a new pack with your files at some point have just use system restore to roll back before it was installed which fixes the problem. The Alien screen saver does that with my machine sometimes i just do the preview thing (i reckon it was made when Vista was around) Thanks for for the files Getfound

• 1 month later...
  • Founder

It's real easy to do.

1. Open regedit (Click Start, type regedit.exe and press ENTER)

2. Navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation

3. Create the following three String Value entries

1. Logo - Place a path to a 120x120 BMP image of your choice
  2. Manufacturer - Alienware
  3. Model - Your model here

4. Exit registry editor

I suggest we rename this thread to Alienware Windows Customizations - Restore Alienware's Look & Feel and sticky it.

Lots of good info here for those who reformat and want to keep the branded AW windows look.

post-2-14494987914553_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

How to replace the Windows 7 logon screen with a custom image:

As alternative to the background changer program... here's how you can do it manually:

- Put the picture you want to use in here:

C:\Windows\System32\oobe\info\backgrounds

The name of the picture must be
BackgroundDefault.jpg

- Open the registry editor (run, "regedit", enter)

- Navigate to

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background

- Change the value of the "OEMBackground" entry to "1" (without the quotes). In case there's no such entry create a new DWORD with this name by right clicking inside the Background folder.

NOTE: The picture must be a .jpg and the size must be less than 256KB. The resolution doesn't matter as far as I know, Windows will automatically make the picture fit... but of course having the picture in the native display resolution will give you the best results.

Edited by svl7
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...
FYI the icon pack is awesome dude but there is some file in one of the dll's that corrupts the sound (possible 5033.wav) the uninstall didn't fix this either. I will try and make a new pack with your files at some point have just use system restore to roll back before it was installed which fixes the problem. The Alien screen saver does that with my machine sometimes i just do the preview thing (i reckon it was made when Vista was around) Thanks for for the files Getfound

^^ this happened to me as well, only didn't have any sound from speakers at all. The only way I could fix it was to system restore.

• 2 weeks later...
^^ this happened to me as well, only didn't have any sound from speakers at all. The only way I could fix it was to system restore.

Thanks very much for a heads up about this. Much appreciated feedback!