NEw motherboard with cpu

my current motherboard which is a intel based motherboard (can't remember socket) which had a intel I5-2500k processor in it. The lan card in it did and i figure i have had this motherboard and cpu for about 3-4 years and feel its time to upgrade to a new motherboard / cpu.

I am debating going AMD just due to budget (only have a max of 400 dollars and was thinking of going with these.

[h=1]970 Gaming w/ Dual DDR3 1866, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit LAN, CrossFireX / SLI[/h]http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX53810

and the cpu is [h=1]FX-8350 Processor 4.0GHz w/ 16MB Cache[/h]http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX42094

but if anyone has any better suggestions lemme know

keeping from my old computer

case,

8 GB ddr3 ram

2 ssd's

1 hdd

ati radeon 7970

Well, to be honest, I would suggest simply replacing the motherboard that Intel chip was on. The difference in performance will be negligible, the Intel will still run cooler and use less power. Unless you want to change for the sake of change, I wouldn't bother...

I agree the i5-2500k is a beast of a processor. Most motherboards from Intel share some backwards compatibility. If you want more features or just better performance I would consider maybe a better cooler and motherboard so you can stretch the potential from that processor.

If you really looking for change for the sake of change you might be able to pick up a little breathing room for your budget by selling the I5-2500k on ebay, craiglist or this market place.

• 5 months later...