Recovery for Bricked BIOS or incorrect Graphic setting Lenovo y400

jamescc

Hi Guys,

I would like to share a story that really saved my PC and wallets from being ripped off.

I was messing with my newly modded y400 BIOS (thanks to Svl7).

I changed a few setting in the PCIE configuration under the Advance tab and the whole system went blank.. not even the Lenovo sign. (Should've headed Svl7's warning not to mess with thing i don't understand)

I couldn't even enter BIOS as the display chip was shut off while the system continue to load.

It freaked me out until i found this post.

Edmar Hobby - Electronic: Lenovo Ideapad Y580 Insyde Bios Reset/Recovery

I used the first method to recover from the mess

" to the following key presses to do a factory reset of the BIOS: left, 4x down, 4x enter"

And before i know it, my beloved computer came back to life.

The post also teach about how to recover from corrupted BIOS running on insydeh20 BIOS system, although i was scarred to hell to try it.

I hope the above link can help someone (as careless as me) and a million thanks to Slv7 and Edmar!

• Thumbs Up 3

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...