Y410p 755m and i7 4700MQ Overclocking

Lombax

the 4700mq

maybe join the discussion in that case over here as well :D users are discussing undervolts there as well. Dean007 in the OP there offers a wonderful starter setup for the 4700mq. All chips handle different but yours might be able to handle similar mhz and voltage offset :) cheers

http://forum.techinferno.com/showthread.php?t=7102

4700mq, 4800mq, 4900mq Overclocking

I have GTX880m Sli and I recently loaded SVL7/JohnKSS's vbios and have found by recommendation that EVGA precision X works great for setting the power target, temp limit, turbo clocks offset and the voltage. If it doesnt let you drop as low as you want with a custom vbios and that software then modding the bios further may be needed to achieve the voltage you may need.

I have GTX880m Sli and I recently loaded SVL7/JohnKSS's vbios and have found by recommendation that EVGA precision X works great for setting the power target, temp limit, turbo clocks offset and the voltage. If it doesnt let you drop as low as you want with a custom vbios and that software then modding the bios further may be needed to achieve the voltage you may need.

I don't see anyway to reduce voltage using that utility. I'd like to get closer to the GT650m's 1.0 voltage to reduce temps a bit under load.

I am trying to undervolt and overlclock the I7 and 755m (non SLI). I was wondering what others have done and what people find to be stable, share your settings below!

So... to get stable work for gt755m (also for non sli) with undervolt mode just follow this answer... ( last post by ciolas2 )

Lenovo Y510P 755m SLI ultrabay crashes nvidia serv... - Page 2 - Lenovo Community

You need to use Nvidia Inspector. 1.9.7.3 was just released.

Cool, downloaded! does nVidia Inspector apply at startup, or do I need to leave the app open? (I don't see an option to "Apply at Startup", so I assume it has to be left open in the background)

Cool, downloaded! does nVidia Inspector apply at startup, or do I need to leave the app open? (I don't see an option to "Apply at Startup", so I assume it has to be left open in the background)

Right-click on 'create clocks shortcut' at the bottom of the overclocking window and there is an option to create a startup task. Make sure you do it for both GPU's if you have SLI.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
Right-click on 'create clocks shortcut' at the bottom of the overclocking window and there is an option to create a startup task. Make sure you do it for both GPU's if you have SLI.

Maybe too late to reply but if you have 755m sli you can also use Kepler Bios tweaker to modify bios and flash it to make changes permanent. I used it and it works well.

Maybe too late to reply but if you have 755m sli you can also use Kepler Bios tweaker to modify bios and flash it to make changes permanent. I used it and it works well.

True, same with NiBiTor in the past, there's always been the option to flash clocks and voltage permanently into the vBIOS. But a lot of people such as myself prefer overclocking in software instead.

I don't see anyway to reduce voltage using that utility. I'd like to get closer to the GT650m's 1.0 voltage to reduce temps a bit under load.

On PrecisionX the slider to the far right going up the right side from middle of the app user interface to the top ie the right side corner slider is your voltage. Precisionx likes to hide some of the options in silly UI graphics. It works better than any app i used for this though

On PrecisionX the slider to the far right going up the right side from middle of the app user interface to the top ie the right side corner slider is your voltage. Precisionx likes to hide some of the options in silly UI graphics. It works better than any app i used for this though

It does not work with our laptops. Only Nvidia Inspector allows voltage control on an unlocked vBIOS.

It does not work with our laptops. Only Nvidia Inspector allows voltage control on an unlocked vBIOS.

okay thanks Ocitep :) my mistake. Nvidia Inspector has a great amount of options so that is good. Alienware was different, my apologies.

• 2 weeks later...