EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
faiz7957

Audio Features Missing in Y500?

i was also having audio issues with my y500 after doing a fresh install of win8.1 no drivers were missing in device manager but that was only because standard drivers were being used for audio i only noticed after i realised the volume on full was not as loud anymore and after googling around i found Dolby Home Theater v4! v7.2.8000.14 which i believe was available on the stock y500 before this fixed my issue and also some nice options of equalization setting within the app :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By MessiWessi
      Hi,

I bought a alienware m17x r4 a few weeks ago. The problem is: I have noise (distorsion) on the right speaker. Had anybody in past the same problem and is it a known problem regarding this model? I feared at the beginning that the soundblaster is defect but I tested it with headphones and everything is fine. I already ordered a new speaker pair and will install it within the next weeks.

But if you tell me that this problem is known and not resolvable I can save my effort.
    • By rusTORK
      When my first CPU fan on Y500 is broke i replaced it on something compatible (non-original) and planned to replace it later on original. Since that time happened a lot things, but i still using that non-original fan. But i did some research and here is what i founded:

I. ORIGINALS

1. Forcecon (marked as FCN on fan)
      DFS5413005MH0T-FC1C (5V - 0.5A)
      Spotted in: Y400, Y500.

2. Asia Vital Components (marked as AVC on fan)
      BNTA0612R5H-P007 (5V - 0.5A)
      Spotted in: Y410p, Y500, Y510p.

3. Sunon (marked as SUNON MagLev on fan)
      MG60120V1-C230-S99 (5V - 2.25W (0.45A))
      Spotted in: Y410p, Y500.

So, which to choose? Any recomendation? Maybe there also unexpected way (completely diffirent fan from another company for another laptop)?

• By finerek123
      Hello everybody.
      Ive got 2 jack 3.5 ports. Microphone and for headphones.

A few month ago i damaged headphone output(just my mistake) and now it doesnt work. Laptop doesnt see connected headphones to headphone port.

On my computer, i can use any port on sound card as microphone or speaker or line in.  In realtek manager i can just switch.  But here i cant. I downloaded old drivers from lenovo website, because on newer one, i cant run realtek manager. On microphone port i can only switch between Line In or Microphone. I dont see headphone option.

Is it possible to do it?
    • By Arodion
      nvm
    • By BigBuddha
      Hey sorry for my bad english and sorry if this question is kinda stupid..
      So i have a y500 650m SLI and already flashed the bios.
      I thought about getting myself a EXP GDC v8 + 220W Dell power brick and a 1050 Ti from Zotac.
      i googled a bit and found some ppl saying that the y500 model 1(? - i don't know which one i have) only has mPCIE x1 - so whatever it is they say it's kinda slow.
      So my questions are, do i only have 1x PCIE, how can i find out and to what "powerer degree" of graphics card can i get, that doesnt suffer from power loss then?! Is a 1050Ti ok für that PCIE 1x?

i attached a screen of my nvidia inspector window maybe it helps

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.