Up grading my M15x

Mycra

Ok so I'm upgrading my M15x, with I7 920xm, GTX 660M 2GB GDDR5 MXM 3.0b, Crucial Ballistix Sport (2 x 8G) DDR3 1600, and a 240w PSU. Is there a certain order that I should start with first? Any help would be appreciated. thanks! This is my first upgrade on this M15x and I don't want to screw it up.

First thing I would say graphics card, but take a look to a 770m if you want a good compromise of power cost and heat, than 920xm + PSU (the best is the 330W ) and then the ram.

• 2 weeks later...

Im not sure on the M15x, I never owned one, but I know it was from the first Intel core series so Im not sure if the ram will run a 1600mhz max or 1333mhz max. If someone can confirm you might be able to get cheaper ram at the same capacity if the max is only 1333mhz etc.

1333 max with the quad cores

thanks for confirmation :) hopefully the OP can save some money :)

Hey i looked around and found these chips for you save you a few bucks. Should load 1333mhz plug and play.

$135

Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3/DDR3L 1600 MHz (PC3-12800) CL11 SODIMM 204-Pin 1.35V/1.5V Memory for Mac CT2C8G3S160BM https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008LTBJFW/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_JM3kub15ARREP