alienware m17x r4 black screen after touching the screen.

papermadness

As the title says, got this issue since yesterday.

I was playing a game then i touched my screen to change the angle and it turned black.

did not happen before, so i restarted the laptop and got the 8 beeps. tought i was doomed.

Opened my laptop reseated all the cables in the screen and on the laptop after that it worked again.

The thing is now when i touch the screen it sometimes goes fully black and have to force a restart. its goddamn annoying.

any on knows how to fix this problem? the cables still look like they are in good condition and cant see anything else that would be the issue :/

• 2 weeks later...

lcd cable might have a wire starting to break, the wires are thin inside often if it is consistent with movement of the lcd of time this is where I would look. If it is under warranty any I would get ahold of them as early as possible about the black screen on movement issue. I think the 8 beeps is the LCD error if its same as earlier models.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...