Clevo W25xHNx Latest BIOS, Firmware & Windows 10 Drivers

plutomaniac

Clevo W25xHNx Latest BIOS, Firmware & Windows 10 Drivers

Note: This thread is no longer updated. You can find the latest info HERE.

This is a collection of all drivers & firmware updates I have found and tested to be working properly on my W251HNQ laptop, part of Clevo's W25xHNx lineup.

Notice: The Clevo W25xHNx series include a variety or specific configurations. Not all W25xHNx laptops have the same hardware when it comes to USB 3.0, 3G Modem, Wireless/Bluetooth card etc. Check your specific model and update accordingly. The BIOS/EC & Intel ME Firmware are universal. Also, Nvidia GT 540M drivers must be downloaded from the nvidia website as they are still actively updated.

Note: To extract some of the files below you need to use programs which support RAR5 compression!

Firmware

BIOS v1.01.07 & EC v1.00.06 Mod/Stock

Click the link above and you'll be taken to my Clevo W2xxHNx/W2xxHPx BIOS Mod thread in which you can find an updated BIOS for W25xHNx series as well other similar models. I have personally tested it and recommend to apply it. For those that don't want the Mod, the Stock BIOS is also included.

Renesas uPD720200a v4.0.2.1-0.3

This is the latest firmware for the Renesas uPD720200a USB 3.0 controller. Use the included utilities (x86 or x64) to update in an easy way.

Note: You can run "Check Firmware Version.bat" file as administrator to check your current firmware version & operating system architecture.

Intel Management Engine v7.1.x.xxxx Consumer (1.5MB)

The latest ME 7 1.5MB (Consumer) firmware can be found at the above linked thread of mine. After flashing the latest BIOS & EC you can update to the latest Intel ME firmware via Windows or DOS. If you use my Modded BIOS, the latest ME firmware will be updated alongside automatically.

Drivers (Windows 10 x64)

TouchPad: ELAN SmartPad v15.10.5.2

This is the same driver that Windows 10 installs by default as well, including sliding gestures and ELAN/Windows control panels. Other drivers may not work properly by not including gestures or any setting alteration via control panels.

Warning: Do not install the old stock Clevo ELAN driver under Windows 10. It will corrupt the Upper and Lower registry Filters of mouse & keyboard which means all keyboard and mouse devices cannot be used unless fixed.

Intel Management Engine Interface: INF or MEI-Only Installer

Visit the link above to go to my ME thread & download the latest Intel Management Engine Interface driver which supports 6-series systems.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology: Intel RST AHCI v12.9.4.1000

This is the latest Intel RST driver that is compatible with 6-series systems. It works perfectly under Windows 10 and offers the best AHCI performance.

Note: Only the AHCI driver is included. The HM65 chipset does not support RAID so it's not needed and the Intel Management Console application does not provide any benefits/options in AHCI mode.

SD Card: JMicron JMB38X v1.00.76.01

The latest JMicron SD Card driver with official Windows 8 support. It works perfectly under Windows 10.

Ethernet: JMicron JMC251 v6.2.34.25

The latest JMicron LAN driver with official Windows 8 support. It works perfectly under Windows 10.

Audio: Realtek HD Audio ALC269 v6.0.1.6971

This is not the latest Realtek HD Audio driver but works perfectly under Windows 10. It includes the Realtek HD Audio Manager and cooperates with Creative's THX TruStudio Pro v1.04.12. Newer drivers may not work properly by not including Audio Manager or not working with TruStudio Pro.

Software (Windows 10 x64)

Camera: ChiconyCam v1.0.56.614

The latest ChiconyCam application I could find. It works fine for taking pictures and recording video. Contrary to what Clevo offers, it allows video recording at 1280x1024 and doesn't reset to 640x480 or similar.

THX: Creative THX TruStudio Pro v1.04.12 + W25xHNx EQ

The last TruStudio version from Creative with official Windows 8 support. It works perfectly under Windows 10 and settings can be tweaked from both TruStudio and Realtek HD Audio Manager. Of course, you should use TruStudio for more options & output profiles. Bundled with the setup is the Clevo W25xHNx EQ configuration which allows you to select between all available output options inside the program (External Speakers, Headphones & Built-in Speakers). It's extremely important to use the appropriate OEM EQ file otherwise the wrong profiles will be shown or chosen while playing audio.

Warning: Not all Realtek drivers work with TruStudio and vice versa. I have personally tested that Realtek HD Audio v6.0.1.6971 driver works perfectly with TruStudio Pro v1.04.12 under Windows 10. Newer Realtek drivers may or may not work.

Documentation

W25xHNx Brochure & Part Legend

W25xHNx Service Manual

W25xHNx User Manual

W25xHNx Concise User Guide *

W25xHNx Concise User Guide (Greek)

W251HNQ Specifications

W251HNQ Spare Parts List

JMicron JMC251 (LAN/SD) Product Brief

Realtek ALC269 (Audio) Product Brief *

Renesas uPD720200a (USB 3.0) Product Brief *

Frequently Asked Questions

What about Realtek RTL8188CE & Motorola Bluetooth?

For the Realtek wireless card, you can install the latest driver from Realtek's website but keep in mind that there are a lot newer versions around the web. For the bundled Motorola bluetooth, use the stock Windows 10 drivers. Do not install the "latest" Motorola drivers which can be found around the web. They have not been updated since Windows 7 and do not work on anything higher. Personally, I replaced that combo card with an Intel Wireless-N 7260 with Bluetooth 4.0 which receives regular updates from Intel and provides proper and a lot faster WiFi & Bluetooth functionality.

What about Fn-Key Legend: Hotkey?

Do not install any version of this utility on anything higher than Windows 7. It's EC dependent and there is no version that can work on newer operating systems without causing major problems. Besides, it's useless as Windows 10 includes most of its functionality by default.

How can I disable the Alarm Beep when battery is low?

There are two settings you need to configure, a BIOS and a Windows one. First go into BIOS > Advanced and set Low Battery Alarm Beep to Disabled. Then, boot into Windows, go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound. Double-click Speakers > Levels tab and make sure PC Beep is at 0% and Muted. The BIOS setting disables the alarm that occurs the last 30 minutes of the battery and the Windows setting prevents the last 5 minutes beeping which is enforced despite the main BIOS setting.

* English, German, French, Spanish, Italian
* Manually created from multiple documentation
tags:w251hnq w25xhnx w25xhn W251HNQ W251HN W25XHN W25xHN W25XHNX W25xHNx Windows 8.1 Service Manual BIOS bios EC KBC Drivers JMC251 JMB38 ALC269 renesas USB PD720200 Hotkey Fn-key Camera TruStudio THX Turbo-X turbo-x Steel G i3-450 plaisio 2VR RTL8188CE bluetooth W251HPQ w251hpq W25xHPx W25xHP w25xhpx Beep 4.0.2.1.0.3 Realtek 4.0.2.1-0.3 disassembly upgrade update clevo sager np3250 NP3250 1.0.1.07 1.00.06 ChiconyCam firmware 7.1.60.1193 ELAN SmartPad Intel chipset management engine MEI rapid storage RST 540M RAM i7 i5 i3 memory 8GB

Edited by plutomaniac

Updates:

Added Mediafire links as primary and Mega for mirrors

Added links to download other drivers from OEM websites (Intel, Nvidia)

Added info on Realtek WLAN/BT combo card and problems

Added info on Intel RST and MEI drivers (why setup not included)

Added a Clevo Hotkey version that mostly works and updated FAQ about it (not recommended)

Updated W25xHNx Photos & Part Legend pdf

Added JMicron JMC251 Product Brief pdf

Added Realtek ALC269 Product Brief pdf

Added Renesas uPD720200A Product Brief pdf

Fixed wrong BIOS menu references at Alarm Beep FAQ

• 4 weeks later...

News:

W25xHNx BIOS v1.01.07 Mod released! Download and changelog.

Added link to the W2xxHNx/W2xxHPx BIOS Mods thread

Updated Renesas uPD720200a v4.0.2.1-0.3 file with newer flasher & .bat file to check version

Updated Intel ME 1.5MB v7.1.60.1193 file with tools and .bat files

Intel Management Engine Interface v10.0.20.1258 --> v10.0.28.1000

Fixed broken Realtek Audio proof image

Added W25xHNx Concise User Guide (Greek)

Added FAQ about Realtek RTL8188CE & Motorola Bluetooth

Added Note about actively-updated drivers and removed links

Multiple text/font adjustments for a simpler look

• 1 year later...

Updates:

• W25xHNx BIOS Mod v1.1 was released
  • Added Windows 10 drivers and instructions
  • TouchPad: ELAN SmartPad v15.10.5.2
  • Camera: ChiconyCam v1.0.56.614
  • ME Firmware and Driver: Links to ME thread
  • Fixed broken links and improved text
Edited by plutomaniac

• Guest changed the title to Clevo W25xHNx Latest BIOS, Firmware & Windows 10 Drivers