IMAGINE: NEW Clevo Models

What GPU / CPU / LCD combination do you want?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. What GPU / CPU / LCD combination do you want?

• GTX980M
    • GTX970M
    • 4702HQ
    • 4710HQ
    • 4770HQ
    • 4870HQ
    • 4980HQ
    • FHD (1920x1080)
    • WQHD+ (2880x1620)
    • QFHD (3840x2160)

with models like these where upgradeability is limited due to soldered components i wouldnt take any risks and just go for the maximum config right away (which i did :D;) )

Problem is, portability is one of my main considerations. The SE is already pushing the limits of the thickness and weight I'm willing to consider. Unfortunately, thinner and lighter models (looking at you, GS60) are too expensive.

P6x0SE and P6x0SG have a few differences due to the thickness...also LCD cable depend on the screen ordered.

Better get what you want right away.

What I want is the 980m in the SE chassis ;)

But seriously - the 4k screen has a different connector than the FHD? They're not both eDP? Not sure if I ever would actually do it, but it would have been nice to have the flexibility to upgrade that screen later. Oh well.

how abouuut...go for the SE with a 4K display and a 970M and oc the crap out of it (at least so it reaches 980m levels) :D

That's definitely an option, if I can fit it into my budget... although I don't think I will, because of the glossy screen. I usually sit with a window behind my head, and the reflections would kill me. I guess I was hoping that in the future a matte 4k screen would be available.

The question about putting an SG mobo into an SE chassis, and thoughts of upgrading to a 4k screen, these are all just hypothetical questions for my future with this machine. I'm almost 100% locked into getting the 970m with the 1920x1080 matte screen. The M.2 question was important, though - if I order it with no SSDs and end up with a motherboard that has a single PCIe M.2 slot, then putting 2 M.2 SATA drives in RAID 0 won't be an option, and that would be bad.

Since I'm flooding this thread already, is there any point to putting in DDR3-1866 CAS 10 RAM instead of DDR3-1600 CAS 9? As I understand it, the CPU won't do more than 1600 anyway... but there's only a $5 price difference between the Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 and the G.Skill Ripjaw 1866 RAM, so I'm really tempted.

...But seriously - the 4k screen has a different connector than the FHD? They're not both eDP? Not sure if I ever would actually do it, but it would have been nice to have the flexibility to upgrade that screen later. Oh well.

Different cable, not different connector...Clevo just usually uses propitiatory cables by making use out of the reserved PINs on 30PIN connector so that they don't need the regular 40PIN ones...

if its just 5 bucks difference go for the 1866 sticks :) u wont really feel any difference compared to 1600 but with this lil difference it cant hurt right? ;) dont worry about the cpu, itll be able to handle 2667 just fine :)

Corrected your post. ;)

...The M.2 question was important, though - if I order it with no SSDs and end up with a motherboard that has a single PCIe M.2 slot, then putting 2 M.2 SATA drives in RAID 0 won't be an option, and that would be bad....

There are no different motherboards regarding M.2, spec is the same for all of them.

Only SG models support 9mm + 7mm 2.5" drives, while the SE only two 7mm or a single 9mm (because of height)

Different cable, not different connector...Clevo just usually uses propitiatory cables with making used of the normally unused reserved PINs on 30PIN connector they don't need the regular 40PIN ones...

That's understandable. So there would have to be differences to the chassis to allow the thicker cable? Is that something that couldn't be cut away at a later date? Then again, I could always just get the 4k glossy and go the ViewGuard route...

Corrected your post. ;)

Ok, so I know that pretty much any RAM will work, but will run only at the 1600MHz rate. I guess what I'm wondering is whether any actual performance differences are possible (I'm including both practical differences like FPS increases and synthetic differences like benchmarks) and whether the higher CAS latency on the higher speed RAM would actually result in lower performance when running at only 1600MHz?

There are no different motherboards regarding M.2, spec is for all of them. Only SG models support 9mm + 7mm 2.5" drives, while the SE only two 7mm or a single 9mm (because of hight)

Cool, good to know. Thanks so much!

That's understandable. So there would have to be differences to the chassis to allow the thicker cable? Is that something that couldn't be cut away at a later date? Then again, I could always just get the 4k glossy and go the ViewGuard route...

It's not thicker...point being, you will have a hard time getting just the cable later on...they are propitiatory to this system and each screen uses a different one.

...Ok, so I know that pretty much any RAM will work, but will run only at the 1600MHz rate. I guess what I'm wondering is whether any actual performance differences are possible (I'm including both practical differences like FPS increases and synthetic differences like benchmarks) and whether the higher CAS latency on the higher speed RAM would actually result in lower performance when running at only 1600MHz?...

They usually block the JEDEC at 1866Mhz, above that you will need to set it manually by using the Mod BIOS (on some other models it is also supported via Intel XTU Software).

@All added P670Sx pics to the OP

Would creating a list of known vendors (and model names) of these beautiful systems be beneficial?

There are hundreds of Clevo re-seller worldwide. Most of them if not all will offer the new models sooner or later. Wouldn't be fair to just name a few...

There are hundreds of Clevo re-seller worldwide. Most of them if not all will offer the new models sooner or later. Wouldn't be fair to just name a few...

i guess that makes sense, but for those customers like me who are new to the world of Clevo/Sager, it might help increase business at some of the lesser-known sellers - we can't buy from them if we don't know they exist, after all...

Yeah, I'd seen that thread... I'm not finding a similar list for the US?

Also, when I'm searching for "Clevo P650SE" I don't get hits for whatever Mythlogic or Eurocom or even Sager might have named their version of it (unless someone posted it on a forum like this).

Most shops rename them, there are many shops that don't even want people to know that they are all build by Clevo.

We could compile a comprehensive list of reseller world-wide, but I am afraid there are too many black sheep and I don't wanna have to deal with this whole "fake customer review" and "trying to give the competition bad rep" online business...

Yeah I'm also interested this new barebone from Clevo, still unfortunatelly no info about it :( (except benchmark of P750ZM with GTX 980M and GTX 970M)

Any news about p770zm?

Things I know about it is that

- uses desktop CPU

- single GPU

- '17

- double fan

But I've not seen any picture of it.

ok, so next to the Clevo "Eiffel Tower"

attachment.php?attachmentid=12813&stc=1

I noticed two more peculiar sightings on the Clevo website: first, the new and groundbreaking! :P 1014 model, sadly without pictures:

attachment.php?attachmentid=12814&stc=1

and also the possibility of Clevo being homophobic....? :highly_amused:

attachment.php?attachmentid=12815&stc=1

Cheers!

post-4582-14494998514746_thumb.jpg

post-4582-14494998514971_thumb.jpg

post-4582-1449499851522_thumb.jpg

Any news about p770zm?

Things I know about it is that

- uses desktop CPU

- single GPU

- '17

- double fan

But I've not seen any picture of it.

I think there is also a 15 inch version. The 5 in p750ZM indicates a 15 inch screen. I'm waiting for this system. I'd rather get a slightly thicker system that i can overclock than a thinner machine with no overclocking :(

Temps on p650SG review indicate not much room for overclocking

What would you like to know about P7xxZM apart from getting a picture?

Prema do you have some informations about the P670 clevo model? Like size, weight, display typs (IPS or TN), supported display resolutions? :o

Prema do you have some informations about the P670 clevo model? Like size, weight, display typs (IPS or TN), supported display resolutions? :o

The P7xxZM size and weight will be similar to current P1xxSM-A models (only couple hundred grams more).

The 15" will allow QFHD screen, similar to the new slim W65xSx model.

EDIT: Sorry I thought you where talking about the P7xxZM.

P67xSx only supports FHD screen. The units weights 3.1Kg. Is a couple mm thicker due to 17" screens being deeper.

EDIT: Sorry I thought you where talking about the P7xxZM.

P67xSx only supports FHD screen. The units weights 3.1Kg. Is a couple mm thicker due to 17" screens being deeper.

Thank you very much for your quick response. But you mean the 17,3" model not the 15" model right? ;-)

Do you know when we can expect some more informations or reviews of the P670 clevo?

The P7xxZM size and weight will be similar to current P1xxSM-A models (only couple hundred grams more).

The 15" will allow QFHD screen, similar to the new slim W65xSx model.

only thing i want to know is the release date and if the 15 inch model will have support for 4790K cpu