IMAGINE: NEW Clevo Models

What GPU / CPU / LCD combination do you want?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. What GPU / CPU / LCD combination do you want?

• GTX980M
    • GTX970M
    • 4702HQ
    • 4710HQ
    • 4770HQ
    • 4870HQ
    • 4980HQ
    • FHD (1920x1080)
    • WQHD+ (2880x1620)
    • QFHD (3840x2160)

Did you guys see Clevo's secret model?

Project Eiffel Tower

:D

Wonder what that could be!? Or do you know and can't say? :P

Each has their own heat-pipes (CPU 2 wide ones, GPU even 3). Everything is full copper.

Added side and back-plate shots with marked FAN locations to OP. :)

EDIT:

First review of P650SE with GTX970M!

Looks like an OCed 4770HQ may hit the sweet spot...

Gallery!

I saw an image of the interior of this model. Dual fans on the GPU, very nice.

Gaming-Notebooks: Schenker XMG P505 Pro und P705 Pro mit GeForce GTX 970M und 980M

maKC3cm.jpg

But it looks like more than 1" thick from the images, but probably just optical illusion from the style lines.

• Thumbs Up 3

post-13289-14494998494446_thumb.jpg

Thanks to "Force", a Korean Clevo barebone-reseller worker.

All pictures were taken by "Force" from Korean Community of Hansung Notebook (Clevo-barebone reseller company).

Original pictures were uploaded by him "Force" here <<¡ÚÇѼº ³ëÆ®ºÏ »ç¿ëÀÚ ¸ðÀÓ>> : ³×À̹ö Ä«Æä

Hope these pictures help you guys.

post-13289-14494998491813_thumb.jpg

post-13289-14494998492013_thumb.jpg

post-13289-14494998492219_thumb.jpg

post-13289-14494998492423_thumb.jpg

post-13289-14494998492684_thumb.jpg

post-13289-14494998492881_thumb.jpg

post-13289-14494998493085_thumb.jpg

post-13289-14494998493371_thumb.jpg

post-13289-14494998493578_thumb.jpg

post-13289-14494998493783_thumb.jpg

post-13289-1449499849401_thumb.jpg

post-13289-14494998494252_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

Nice! Was surprised that the other review didn't open it up.

(That's the P650Sx "brushed" version. Reminds me of my good old P170HM3. :)

The other reviews on Hardwaredeluxx and Notebookcheck got the P651Sx "sanded" model).

Storage:

• Two changeable 2.5” 7mm(H) HDD/SSD (RAID 0/1), or One changeable 2.5” 9.5mm(H) HDD/SSD, SATA interface  (15" SE model)

• Two changeable 2.5” HDD/SSD, 1st 7mm(H), 2nd 7mm(H) / 9.5mm(H), SATA interface (RAID 0/1) (17" SE/SG and 15" SG model)

• (Factory Option) Two M.2 2280 SSD, SATA interface (RAID 0/1) or One M.2 2280 SSD. PCIe Gen2 x2/x4 interface

I'm a bit confused about the M.2 options. Does this mean there are two different motherboards? One with a single PCIe M.2 slot, and one with 2 SATA III M.2 slots? Or does it mean that there are always 2 slots, and the first slot supports either PCIe or SATA III (Is that even something that's possible with M.2? Sorry, I'm a bit new to SSDs), but if a PCIe card is present the 2nd slot is inactive?

Edit: After reading up on M.2, it seems likely that there's only one motherboard and that if you use a PCIe card in the first slot, the second slot will be disabled, but this raises an additional question - if the port also supports SATA, doesn't that mean it's connected to the SATA controller and that the PCIe device would be limited to SATA speeds?

The reason for asking is so I can know which kind of card to order separately (Newegg is about $50 cheaper than the system builder).

Edit: It seems that ordering 2 128gb SATA drives and putting them in RAID 0 will give faster performance and be less expensive than 1 256gb PCIe board, so I guess that's the way I'll go.

just keep in mind that raid 0 has a higher risk of data loss when compared to using one single drive.

there definitely are several mainboard revisions since cpu and gpu are both soldered in, so in order to account for all possible hardware combos there will be different mobo revisions ;)

concerning the m.2 slots: one of them is a combo sata/pcie slot, the other one exxlusively sata. m.2 ssds have either two gaps (sata only) or one gap (more pins, thus sata/pcie) in their connectors, thus the machine automatically detects which kind of m.2 ssd is plugged in.

what id also like to know though, is if i could still use the pcie ssd in combination with a second, separate (i.e. non-raid) m.2 ssd in sata more or is it really fact that one u install the pcie ssd the second slot is deactivated?

edit: btw, why not go for 2 2.5" drives instead? afaik those are still way faster than pretty much all m.2 drives, especially when it comes to 4K speeds

just keep in mind that raid 0 has a higher risk of data loss when compared to using one single drive.

I'd be using it for the OS and game installs, so the only thing I'd be risking is having to reinstall, or losing any game config or state, and I'm not really worried about that. I will have a mechanical drive for actual data, plus external backups.

there definitely are several mainboard revisions since cpu and gpu are both soldered in, so in order to account for all possible hardware combos there will be different mobo revisions ;)

I get that, I'm just trying to figure out if the M.2 configuration is one of those changes that requires a different motherboard.

concerning the m.2 slots: one of them is a combo sata/pcie slot, the other one exxlusively sata. m.2 ssds have either two gaps (sata only) or one gap (more pins, thus sata/pcie) in their connectors, thus the machine automatically detects which kind of m.2 ssd is plugged in.

what id also like to know though, is if i could still use the pcie ssd in combination with a second, separate (i.e. non-raid) m.2 ssd in sata more or is it really fact that one u install the pcie ssd the second slot is deactivated?

I get the key gaps on the M.2 card, I'm more worried about the motherboard supporting both kinds in the same slot - which it sounds like it will, for the first slot, at least.

edit: btw, why not go for 2 2.5" drives instead? afaik those are still way faster than pretty much all m.2 drives, especially when it comes to 4K speeds

I'll have to look up the real-world tested rates for M.2 SATA, I guess. I was looking at the advertised speeds of 550/350 MB/s read/write for the Crucial M550. According to Tom's Hardware, the mechanical drives I'd be getting do under 100 MB/s (unless, of course, I'm reading these charts (read, write, drives under $100) wrong), and aren't that much cheaper than the M.2s anyway. Also, I'm going with 1920x1080, not 4k, although DSR still renders 4k I think?

Other factors include power use, heat generation, weight, cost of getting 2x 7mm mechanical drives while losing the ability to use the 9.5mm 750GB drive I already have, not fully utilizing the storage capabilities of the platform...

u understood me wrong concerning the 2.5" drives. i was actually talking about 2.5" SSDs, not mechanical drives. also pointing to 4KB write/read speeds (important for everyday system speed) not 4K display ;)

but yeah, if u already have a mechanical 750GB drive that ud like to use then of course thats an important factor for using M.2 drives.

u understood me wrong concerning the 2.5" drives. i was actually talking about 2.5" SSDs, not mechanical drives. also pointing to 4KB write/read speeds (important for everyday system speed) not 4K display ;)

LOL my bad :D I'll have to take a look at prices and speeds for those, although my 750GB mechanical is still a factor.

Edit: looks like for the Crucial M550, the speeds for the M.2 are identical to the 2.5".

Another question that Prema might be able to answer - if we buy the P650SE today, and in the future want to upgrade the CPU and/or GPU by replacing the entire motherboard, would the motherboard from the P650SG fit into the SE case? Is the added thickness only due to a heavier heatsink and/or thicker heat pipes, or is there something else leading to that extra thickness? It seems to me that if the GS60 can cope with either a 970m or a 980m, then the already beefier cooling in the P650SE should be able to handle the 980m, too...

Edit: seems I was mistaken - the GS60 doesn't have a 980m option. Still wondering about an SG mobo in the SE chassis, though.