IMAGINE: NEW Clevo Models

What GPU / CPU / LCD combination do you want?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. What GPU / CPU / LCD combination do you want?

• GTX980M
    • GTX970M
    • 4702HQ
    • 4710HQ
    • 4770HQ
    • 4870HQ
    • 4980HQ
    • FHD (1920x1080)
    • WQHD+ (2880x1620)
    • QFHD (3840x2160)

In your opinion, would it be worth waiting for these new GPUs to be released with the new Intel processors? I just purchased a P170SM-A but I am still within the return policy and the Maxwell 9xxM GPUs are supposed to be a fairly decent upgrade if I'm not mistaken.

Personally the models I think they should stock are:

(1) i7-4710HQ, 970m, 1080p

(2) i7-4770HQ, 970m, 3K

(3) i7-4770HQ, 980m, 1080p

(4) i7-4870HQ, 980m, 4k

That is the issue with soldered components. Lack of modularity makes it a bear for companies to supply all the desired variations.

I don't see the system able to cool a 4980HQ, probably struggle with 4870HQ, but a good upgrade for the "premium" machine. i7-4702HQ doesn't run much cooler than the 4710HQ, and you can make the 4710HQ run like the 4702, so why bother?

But again, it all depends on the cooling potential of the laptop.

It looks like they swapped the sleep function key (F4) with the backlit keyboard key (F12) so you don't accidentally put the laptop to sleep when you go to mute or turn the volume down. Still don't know why they don't just move the mute key next to the volume down key, the sleep at F12, and the backlit to F3.

• Thumbs Up 1

let's just hope the 4K display won't be supper glossy and has 48Hz refresh rate like we saw on Lenovo! 980M + 4870HQ will be fine for 3K 15" but it's pretty sad it'll have "only" 4Gb of vram, probably the 17" brother will feature full 8Gb card and better PSU for overclocking, doesn't seem that Maxwell is much more efficient than kepler in high-end laptop segment

I am very intrested in these new models. My favourite is the P670 with ...4710HQ, 12 GB RAM, 1 TB Hard Drive + 512 MB SSD, 980M and 3K Display.

But there are still a few questions...

- Is it possible to get the 980M with 8GB VRAM in this new models?

- And Holy Moly are all displays glossy?!:30_002:

I am very intrested in these new models. My favourite is the P670 with ...4710HQ, 12 GB RAM, 1 TB Hard Drive + 512 MB SSD, 980M and 3K Display.

But there are still a few questions...

- Is it possible to get the 980M with 8GB VRAM in this new models?

- And Holy Moly are all displays glossy?!:30_002:

Looks like just the 3GB 970m and 4GB 980m and glossy screens. Why Clevo Why!?:53_002:

Eurocom, blech. Maybe Mythlogic will offer them and cut me a deal. OriginPC might too. Just the 1.5 lbs and 1/2" difference is hard to justify compared with the P150SM-A at a cheaper cost and more flexibility.

If I would have to guess the P6xxSx Clevo models will be the better OCer with their....cough...3....cough...FAN system. ;)

Nice! Cheaper than GS60, too... I'm almost sold, just want reviews, especially of the keyboard, before I commit. Can't buy until Friday, though.

How do you OC an HQ? Or is it the 970m that you're talking about OCing?

If I do get this system, I'll probably be annoying the heck out of you (prema) - this will be my first Clevo/Sager, and first MXM.

Nice! Cheaper than GS60, too... I'm almost sold, just want reviews, especially of the keyboard, before I commit. Can't buy until Friday, though.

How do you OC an HQ? Or is it the 970m that you're talking about OCing?

If I do get this system, I'll probably be annoying the heck out of you (prema) - this will be my first Clevo/Sager, and first MXM.

Both: CPU OC via BIOS or Intel XTU, GPU via NVIDIA Inspector etc...

CPU has one FAN, GPU has two.

(It's not MXM, those P6xxSx have everything on board)

Mythlogic has the P650SE/SG up for pre-order/config and both the 1080p and 4k screens are glossy! :waaaht:

I actually swapped my matte screen in my P170SM-A for a glossy one just last week. So far I am very happy with the change. The glossy screen is much sharper and easier to read.

The going that prompted me was my wife's Yoga Pro 2, which has a 3200x1800 glossy screen. It is the sexy.

If I would have to guess the P6xxSx Clevo models will be the better OCer with their....cough...3....cough...FAN system. ;)

wow I wonder how they can fit 3 fans into this machine, as I see only 1 vent ?

Edit: my bad, I didn't notice the vent on the bottom and the side :P

Both: CPU OC via BIOS or Intel XTU, GPU via NVIDIA Inspector etc...

Cool, I thought we were out of luck with the HQs.

CPU has one FAN, GPU has two.

And they're not shared? No connected heat pipe?

(It's not MXM, those P6xxSx have everything on board)

Boo. Kinda annoying that different sites give different info - at least one has said they were MXM. Oh, well.

I actually swapped my matte screen in my P170SM-A for a glossy one just last week. So far I am very happy with the change. The glossy screen is much sharper and easier to read.

The going that prompted me was my wife's Yoga Pro 2, which has a 3200x1800 glossy screen. It is the sexy.

Personal preference. But over at nbr forums your will see a vast preference for matte. I can't stand glossy screens right next to poor viewing angles.