IMAGINE: NEW Clevo Models

What GPU / CPU / LCD combination do you want?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. What GPU / CPU / LCD combination do you want?

• GTX980M
    • GTX970M
    • 4702HQ
    • 4710HQ
    • 4770HQ
    • 4870HQ
    • 4980HQ
    • FHD (1920x1080)
    • WQHD+ (2880x1620)
    • QFHD (3840x2160)

Nice pics! Has design cues from W230SS (and other size variants). 25mm thick and 2.6kg. Weight is surprisingly higher than I thought, but still OK. Although the 3GB GDDR5 is a bit disconcerting. I know technically it shouldn't need more than that, but the fact that a lot of upcoming games are requiring 4GB or even 6GB to run the uber details doesn't bode well.

Also is the 5000MHz GDDR5 standard for 970m? Or will there be a 6000MHz version out there?

What are all the ports? From those images it's hard to make them all out. Left side is clearly visible as is the rear even though it's hard to discern the ports, and right is barely visible:

Left: HDMI, USB 3.0, DP, DP

Rear: Power, USB 2.0 ???, eSATA (really?), Firewire???

Right: 3x Audio jacks, Card Reader ???, 2x USB 3.0, VGA???

The 4-cell battery is a bit disappointing too.

If that is really eSATA and Firewire, Clevo needs to rethink their port strategy. I'd much rather see two more USB 3.0 ports than eSATA and Firewire. I can't imaging too many people take advantage of those especially on a gaming laptop.

Yeah it looks a lot like our trusted W230, who is a beauty btw, isn't she? :D

These are the ports locations of the final P65xSx production units (from left to right):

Right side :

The 3 x 3.5mm jacks (S/PDIF, mic, headphone)

Cardreader (MMC (MultiMedia Card) / RSMMC SD (Secure Digital) / Mini SD / SDHC / SDXC)

USIM card slot (3G/4G)

2 x USB 3

LAN

Left side:

HDMI

USB 3 (this is also the one for charging while powered off)

2 x miniDisplay port

Kensington Lock

Rear side:

Power

eSATA/USB 3 combo

EDIT: Updated the rear picture to reflect production version. ;)

Thanks. But 48 whr is still crummy. Cleo isn't known for making alternate higher capacity batteries either.

Sorry it's 60WH, was looking at the wrong files... ;)

OK, since CPU and GPU are fixed on this model systems have to be ordered from Clevo accordingly.

Now is your chance to influence the orders of the re-seller by using the poll above this thread.

Let them know what you want for the P65xSx! :)

Nothing this year, nope...

Maybe in the begging of the next year

This leaves a serious gap between the 860M and 970M laptops and it makes me wonder why manufacturers keep making new models with 860M for $1000-$1100 and even without IPS display.. The VN7-591G is the most interesting currently

GTX860M Maxwell is just 50W (and cheap). :)

Cheap for Manufacturers maybe, but if the difference between 860M performance level and 70% faster 970M level will be only around $300-$400 (~$1000 to ~$13-1400), throw in the IPS display, M.2 ports, the 860M is a hard buy, and that's for $1000 laptops

Can't add an LCD vote if we've already voted on the CPU/GPU :(

Those who already voted can PM or post their LCD preferences. (we will try to add them manually).

EDIT:

Added your LCD vote. :)

Those who already voted can PM or post their LCD preferences. (we will try to add them manually).

I wish there were a 3200x1800 option, but if i can afford it i think I'd might go with the 4k screen.

Also wish the screen were matte not glossy...