IMAGINE: NEW Clevo Models

What GPU / CPU / LCD combination do you want?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. What GPU / CPU / LCD combination do you want?

• GTX980M
    • GTX970M
    • 4702HQ
    • 4710HQ
    • 4770HQ
    • 4870HQ
    • 4980HQ
    • FHD (1920x1080)
    • WQHD+ (2880x1620)
    • QFHD (3840x2160)

anyways, they dont keep it a secret :P theyll have their stock of P651SE machines ready for shipping on nov 7th, so this friday :)

Correct and by the way...today I wrote with the XMG/Schenker-Support and...the guys told me that they will anounce in a few days a new 17,3" gaming laptop. Clevo P670SE/SG should be confirmed! :Banane47:

theyll have their stock of P651SE machines ready for shipping on nov 7th, so this friday :)

I was talking about P671SE. They haven't responded to my questions yet, but in the past their responses were like "We know, but cannot tell yet".

Hope you put some reviews online. P651 is looking great. Wish you a fast delivery!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

Anything over 1080p on current laptops is a bit overkill IMO for gaming. Just don't see any increase in clarity but take a hit in performance. Now desktops on the other hand I can understand but the race for pixels with phones/laptops/tablets? It reminds me of the "I've got moar megapixels so it must be better!" deal with cameras.

• Thumbs Up 1

What would you like to know about P7xxZM apart from getting a picture?

Do you know when this might be available in the USA? Christmas-ish? :/

Any idea on cooling, noise and battery life?

Edit: Will this have the 3-fan system like P65x series? The cooling looks impressive on that.

post-811-14494998708897_thumb.jpg

This is probably P7xxZM cooling system.

What a pity.

Clevo engineers repeat the same design flaw as Compal's and Quanta's. Namely, cold<-hot<->hot->cold system, rather than hot->cold<->cold<-hot. It can not work well. The heat must escape to the outside as soon as possible (only through the radiator) and does not heat the remaining elements.

Clevo! The hot->cold<->cold<-hot system has the same thermal inertia mass as cold<-hot<->hot->cold, but it will be better drain heat outside.

Prema, is it possible for the the P65SG to come with a 980M 8GB, please? Gigabyte P35xv3 has a 980M 8GB, so I'm sure the Clevo can also get it (in the thin-ish frame). I'm not too optimistic as it's already released, but thought I'd ask.

Are there any IPS screens that would be compatible with the P170SM-A or are there plans to release this model with one? I prefer the thicker chassis of the p170x but I can only find it with a matte tn panel and a glossy IPS would be ideal but a high gamut glossy tn would be great too.

hmmm makes sense what ure saying clyde. so would it be better to put the fans in between the two heatsinks and just connect the fins rather than the heatsinks/heatpipes?

No matter how you connect both radiators there will be better than you connect CPU and GPU.

Why not? Load/heat balancing? I mean you'll obviously overload the cooling if you tax both (hard, how hard, we are yet to see), but when pushing the CPU alone, you deal with quite the cooling surface, so it would make for some wPrime records for example :) Also this way the CPU and GPU are close to each other, usually you don't want long traces when you design MoBo. With two or single big @$$ hole in between (where the fan/s is/are), there's no short way to connect the CPU nad GPU. So, think about that as well.