pawelborys

Waranty sticker

Hi

I recently bought an MSI GT70 2PE

Question to this is MSI put warranty stickers on their laptops back area over a screw hole :/ so i wanna make sure is warranty still vaild when i break it?:)

Thanks

I've heard a few people say different things regarding this I have a G60 and the spec is good enough for me at the mo. At some point i will upgrade it but personally i'm just going to wait until the 12 month warranty expires then open it up. I just don't want to take a risk with a pricey laptop

Meh, just buy new stickers if you're worried :) . Have used warranty only once, on a Dell with all stickers long removed; repair guy didn't even look and swapped water-logged mb for a working one.

Maximum PC interviewed a few MSI reps who said as long as there's no physical damage inside the laptop, the warranty's still good with a damaged sticker. I called MSI tech support and they said the same thing. They do it just to discourage people who don't know what they're doing from opening their laptop up.

I just bought a new GS60 with GeForce GTX 970m and I opened a ticket basically asking if I were to upgrade my SSD and memory would I lose my warranty doing so. I would have returned the unit despite absolutely loving it if that were to void my warranty this is the response I got and it was only a few minutes after I submitted my ticket.

Dear Customer, We do not enforce the sticker we do allow customers to open the bottom panel as long as no damage is done while that is done the warranty will not be voided. So again you can open the bottom panel without voiding the warranty. Thank you,

That was all the info I needed to order my new SSD and memory. I am thrilled with my GS60, Ive seen several people review the GS60 and incorrectly indicating that the chasis is plastic and feels "cheap" which couldn't be further from the truth its an incredibly sturdy Magnesium Alloy. Sorry i'm getting way off topic I basically intended on just posting their response. You are OK to break the seal just don't break anything else and you'll be golden :)

Kal

You can open your bottom panel if you want to swap your hard drive for ssd and your warranty will not be voided. But if you are worried about it just use a hair dryer and peel the sticker, it goes easy but you have to be gentle. I did it for myself to clean the dust off my GT683DXR ant the sticker is like brand new after that procedure.