Laptop isn't detecting my 780M after flashing vBIOS

So yeah, hello, this is my first post here. Well, the point is I've run into some issue. Today I decided to flash the vBIOS of my MSI laptop (GTX 780M). Apparently, it was successful but now for some reason, the computer isn't detecting my card. In short, I believe the pictures will describe it better. Just see below:

post-29224-1449499825448_thumb.png

post-29224-14494998254603_thumb.png

So should I like revert back to stock or is there something else that needs to be done? Also I still have the NVIDIA drivers but they're not being recognized at all. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Wow, this is nuts! So I finally modified the .inf file to be able to install the drivers and now the card is detected normally. However, in-game I have terrible performance! GPU-Z reports core and memory clock rates as low as 135-160Mhz!! Why's that? Should I revert back to my old vBIOS? I don't know why is this happening!

EDIT: I restored the original vBIOS. Couldn't get the modified one to work no matter what. Even after being able to install the drivers, the games ran like shit.

Now that I've restored it, games running smooth again but I can't get those higher clocks. Oh well.

Always MSI that needs special treatment... :) Seems I have to adjust the vbios for that system. I'm just curious, did you ever try to run the card with the stock Dell vbios and if so, did it work?

Always MSI that needs special treatment... :) Seems I have to adjust the vbios for that system. I'm just curious, did you ever try to run the card with the stock Dell vbios and if so, did it work?

No, I haven't. I've only used this one and tried that 'OC edition' of yours but it didn't work out for me. Could you probably create the specific one for my card? My laptop it's an MSI GT70 Dragon Edition 2, I would really love to have those 850/5000 clocks. Because I feel that my 780M is quite underpowered in its current state lol

I know some other people here have been able to achieve speeds that of an 880M with this card so am quite curious.

I flashed vbios to modifyed one and now my GPU wont be recognized by system. Its not like I never flashed it before. On 675m I flashed vbios several times to modded one and everything went fine, but in this case, i used nvflash like before flashed to vbios from tech|inferno thread (Nvidia 'Kepler' GPUs - modified VBIOS files)and i got this post-29406-14494998343338_thumb.jpg

Pic is partially in Russian. Up above it says something like "Standart VGA Adapter(Microsoft)"

And now i cant flash back. It says something about not detecting any compitable hardware. Whats awkward is that i managed to install drivers. and I see them in GPUZ.

I Know I was very stupid doing something like this, but is there any way to fix this? Or is it bricked already?

Videocard is 780M

SOLVED via DOS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is there any possibility of waranty loss if i unlock the Bios?

Yes there is - you will certainly loose the waranty if you edit th vBios. Of course you can flash back if you have to send the notebook in - except you brick the card during the flash...

Best regards

phila

• Thumbs Up 1