Innovation Cooling IC Diamond Giveaway/Survey

Test is straight forward - take one "A" and one "B" - shiny sides to the IHS and sink so the frosted sides are facing each other.

Mount your sink as you normally would - WITHOUT ANY COMPOUND - Try to make a clean print and not move under pressure

Dismount and remove paper - blank throw away - Red/pink image is your print that you send back

You can scan or photograph image and post for discussion while waiting for results.

label key envelope with your name or some identifier and forum so we can link thermals to CP

Sensor Products has a "key" somewhere on their site that will give you a general interpretation of of your pressure +/- 10% - I will see if I can locate it and post it up.

• Thumbs Up 2

[MENTION=465]Innovation Cooling[/MENTION]

I have a desktop I7 2600k with an XSPC waterblock doing the cooling, would you be at all interested in a CP test from me? More than happy to do one if so.

"ON MY HONOR IN EXCHANGE FOR FREE COMPOUND I DO SOLEMNLY SWEAR TO TEST AND POST MY RESULTS"

I would also like to do the CP tests, which I will indicate in my email

...finally decided to plunge after reading entire thread

Dear IC,

I have sent you email from my gmail account.

I would like to take update the m14x and post before and after findings. I appreciate you allowing us to participate.

"ON MY HONOR IN EXCHANGE FOR FREE COMPOUND I DO SOLEMNLY SWEAR TO TEST AND POST MY RESULTS"

Steven Owens

stevenxowens792 [AT] gmail [DOT] com

Edited by svl7
edited your email to protect it from bots

Hmm, CPU idle temps went up by about 5-7°C since I measured them short after the repaste...?? GPU is also up a couple of °C. I think I'll have to check this again when I come around to do so... I though I did well, the temps were excellent at the beginning.

I would also like to do the CP tests, which I will indicate in my email

...finally decided to plunge after reading entire thread

After posting this, I emailed my info (same day).

Have not yet received the TIM

After posting this, I emailed my info (same day).

Have not yet received the TIM

Dont worry it should arrive Andrew is a very busy guy give it time and it should show up... i just recieved my second delivery from him... it is a kit to test the pressure of a cpu heatsink a mobile one to be particular.

@kune thanks for posting the CP test instructions I wasnt sure where they were.

Never mind lol what are the instructions?

• take one "A" and one "B" - shiny sides to the IHS and sink so the frosted sides are facing each other.
  • Mount your sink as you normally would - WITHOUT ANY COMPOUND - Try to make a clean print and not move under pressure
  • Dismount and remove paper - blank throw away - Red/pink image is your print that you send back
  • You can scan or photograph image and post for discussion while waiting for results.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just back from vacation & currently battening down for a little tropical squall this weekend

Lost my home PC due to lightening strike(s) So a couple days reconfiguring all and should be back to work on the info you guys are generating.

Should have some more contact images in the next week or so Plus we are still looking for volunteers/guinea pigs for CP testing

• 2 weeks later...

When I applied the volt mod for my last CPU benching session I had to remove the CPU heatsink, so I've seen how well my ICD24 pasting job was. I added a picture to my result post (here, at the end).

I cleaned of the paste and examined the die. The thermal compound did definitely leave scratches on the die, I guess they're mainly coming from wiping the paste off. They're very fine, but nevertheless they're there. The die was perfectly polished, absolutely free of scratches before I used ICD for the first time, so that's definitely an issue in my opinion, even though the scratches aren't deep.

It's hard to catch the scratches properly on a photograph, at least with my camera. I should somewhere have some comparison images from before applying ICD as well, I have to search them.

Here's a pic of the die after cleaning off the ICD:

post-80-1449499168395_thumb.jpg

This was before using ICD for the first time:

post-80-14494991684818_thumb.jpg

Also I noticed a quite clear discoloration of the heatsink, though this doesn't bug me as much as the scratches on the die.

post-80-14494991684327_thumb.jpg

And before applying ICD:

post-80-14494991685059_thumb.jpg

post-80-14494991684571_thumb.jpg

Edited by svl7
Added pics of CPU and CPU heatsink before using ICD

I added some pics of the CPU and CPU heatsink which I took just before applying ICD for the first time. I think the problem is mainly wiping off the paste when reapplying it, it's hard to make a proper photo of the scratches, but they're definitely there and can be seen easily by eye.

The discoloration on the heatsink before and after using ICD is clearly visible, though this doesn't really bother me.

I use a clean cloth and isopropyl alcohol, much cheaper and essentially the same :D I agree that it must be a cleaning issue, since this is the only time the paste gets really moved over the die, as I said the scratches are very small, but still clearly visible. I don't think I could do anything differently while wiping it off.