y410p Brightness Not Working?

wathou6

Has anyone been able to fix this problem where the brightness setting keys don't work and neither does Windows 8.1's Brightness control on the right side?

I would like to know how anybody has fixed it before I attempt to do a full reinstallation of Windows 8.1 to see if it works again?

Has anyone been able to fix this problem where the brightness setting keys don't work and neither does Windows 8.1's Brightness control on the right side?

I would like to know how anybody has fixed it before I attempt to do a full reinstallation of Windows 8.1 to see if it works again?

Yes! This happens on computer very very randomly. And no, you don't have to re-install.

To fix::

1. Open Device Manager
  2. Expand the 'Monitors' section
  3. Right click your display
  4. Click uninstall
  5. Reboot
  6. Tada!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this will be of much help, but when I first got my Y400, the screen was super dim, looked like it was on the lowest brightness setting, to where I really couldn't even see the laptop was on. Turned out, sure enough, the backlight or whatever you want to call it for the screen was damaged upon arrival. Just something to take into consideration if your screen is extremely dim.

• 2 months later...

If angerthosenear thoughts don't worry try these two optiions

A thought....

1, unistall both your 4700mq and 750m drivers , then reinstall the originals from Laptops and netbooks :: IdeaPad Y Series laptops :: IdeaPad Y510p Notebook - Lenovo Support (US)

after that reboot and update the drivers. I had this issue for quite a while (however I was running archlinux at the time!)