Minecraft

Guest bifnewman

Guest bifnewman

Anyone play this game? It is actually pretty awesome. There are some really neat mods for it too. The thing I hate about it is that, since its written Java, it uses a ton of RAM and CPU. I've got plenty of that though. :56:

Guest bifnewman

Yep lol. Its hard to sit here and tell you about it without showing you. Look up some videos on youtube about it. pretty crazy game.

• 4 weeks later...

I was addicted to it for a short time. It's an awesome concept, but needs a little more work and direction. I found myself bored after about 30 hours into the game because you just stop digging and start thinking "okay. Whats the point again? Where is my reward for hours spent here? What am I taking away from this?"

I wish it was a little more rpg-styled so that you could increase some of your 'stats' or abilities so that you had something more to work towards other than finding more rare blocks.

• 2 weeks later...
I was addicted to it for a short time. It's an awesome concept, but needs a little more work and direction. I found myself bored after about 30 hours into the game because you just stop digging and start thinking "okay. Whats the point again? Where is my reward for hours spent here? What am I taking away from this?"

I wish it was a little more rpg-styled so that you could increase some of your 'stats' or abilities so that you had something more to work towards other than finding more rare blocks.[/quote

Maybe try going on a server online with other people? I wouldn't know because i have never gone online with it, but my friends tell me that joining and online server is the most enjoyable part of the whole experience. good luck :D

I bought it but haven't played much. I think there needs to be official server or server list.... like this it looks like an awesome game, but it takes a lot of time to figure out how to play it online. Any recommendations where's possible to find a server where you can build without others destroying your stuff?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
When you don't use mod the game gets boring very fast. One mod is still holding me, it's the IndustrialCraft, so awesome ;)

You must check out the Sonic Ethers mod. It totally re-spiked my affinity with minecraft.

Check this link out

I play it, its alot more fun if you can have a LAN party though ^.^

One mod you should check out is, "Amazing Shader Mod" really makes the game looks great.

If you're looking for more items, weapons, ect, check out the tekkit/tecknic pack, they're loads of fun too.

Its true that the game gets old really fast without mods......I was sucked in for about a week before I started wondering what I was actually working for :D Another problem with the game is its written in Java and not optimized so it hogs resources. It is getting a little better with every update but wait till 2.0 if you want a proper gaming experience and not just a mining sandbox (even though it was meant to be one).

Its true that the game gets old really fast without mods......I was sucked in for about a week before I started wondering what I was actually working for :D Another problem with the game is its written in Java and not optimized so it hogs resources. It is getting a little better with every update but wait till 2.0 if you want a proper gaming experience and not just a mining sandbox (even though it was meant to be one).

Sounds good, sounds like 2.0 takes it from Lego world to an actual rpg/adventure experience.